Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Holy Spektrum FAIL?!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Holy Spektrum FAIL?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:29 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Holy Spektrum FAIL?!

ORIGINAL: hithere34

It could be rx issues but the way I'm reading what you're saying, it could also be something else since you said he installed ''another AR6200 receiver''.

If it was the same rx, then I might be inclined to think that rx was an issue but if it was in fact a different one and the result was the same, there is probably something else that needs attention.

Just my thoughts.
Just to clarify...

Plane ''A'' DX6i and receiver ''1'' (lost radio contact and crashed)

Plane ''B'' DX6i and receiver ''2'' (lost radio contact and crashed)

Repaired Plane ''B'' DX8 and receiver ''2'' (lost radio contact and crashed)

Both planes had different batteries (5 cell enerloop) fully charged (tested after crash). Each plane had a different switch, both of which seem to work fine now. Both receivers passed a range check after each crash.

As far as I can see there's one thing in common...Spektrum. I don't want that to be the fault because I now have two transmitters and a bucketload of receivers but it's hard to dispute the evidence.

Next step: Plane C, DX8, receiver 3 (brand new AR6200)
I'm not disputing that you had an issue and that for whatever reasons, it may have been a Spektrum issue. I don't know, I'm not there but employing your logic and since all my planes are either Spektrum or JR and I've never had any issue that wasn't operator error (see, there is something else in common in most cases), perhaps there is something else at work here. That was all I was saying.

Of course you could always send me all your Spektrum gear and buy another brand. Perhaps we would both be happy?

Good luck and I hope you figure it out.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:22 AM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Repaired Plane ''B'' DX8 and receiver ''2'' (lost radio contact and crashed)
Ok what was the minimum flight pack voltage on the telemetry in this crash? This will help you diagnose the problem. Also switches that SEEM to work is just guessing. Just because switches turn on doesnt mean they allow enough current to flow to keep everything happy. Sounds again like a power setup issue. I fly nothing but spektrum in all my planes (over 20 total from parks fliers to 33%) and never had an issue. I also have some futabas that i still use. I know you are pissed but you need to examine your install so this doesnt happen again. Look for binding servos bad extensions etc.Also are where are you flying? Good luck and i hope you find your issue.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hithere34

Both planes had different batteries (5 cell enerloop) fully charged (tested after crash). Each plane had a different switch, both of which seem to work fine now. Both receivers passed a range check after each crash.

As far as I can see there's one thing in common...Spektrum. I don't want that to be the fault because I now have two transmitters and a bucketload of receivers but it's hard to dispute the evidence.
Another thing in common is you are using enerloop batteries for the receiver. These have high internal resistance. This means their voltage drops quickly under load and they can not deliever the amps of a regular NiCad/NiMh battery. They are not recommended for receiver packs, only for transmitters. Since Spektrum is sensitive to voltage, this could well be what is causing the lost of control.

Bruce
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Enelope cells are no problem to use in most .40-.60 size airplanes, especially if 5 of them are used (6v).
But qusetion is how many servos was he using?? And how did he charge the enelope cells?
A fast charger is No No with NiMH Enelope cells as these cells are notorios for false peaking!