Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

An Un-ending glitch

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

An Un-ending glitch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Night Scream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Un-ending glitch

HI everyone:

I have an interesting problem happening in one of my funtana S 90 planes..

Its flying with an RCG 26cc engine from hobbyking and has about 100+ flights in... And recently it has developed this interesting glitch which i have no idea what's causing it..

When you apply full throttle every surface goes haywire, minus the throttle...

I have checked all the linkages,extensions, connections to receiver, changed receivers, frequency and switches.. still the same glitch allways appears maybe not right away but 1-2 flights later there it goes again..

I have all my ignitions very well protected like it would be a receiver and all the connections are quite far away from any metal or receiver connection...

Question is what is causing this weird glitch on this plane.

Its flying using a JR 8103 radio using Spcm 8chn receiver, tried a Zpcm 10chn receiver and also a regulla dual conversion PPM 7chn receiver .. and it does the same glitch in all of them.

Help!!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: An Un-ending glitch

Maybe there is a servo that is on the fritz?.. My dad had that problem with a plane of his once upon a time.. was hard to duplicate but when he finally did, he started troubleshooting and found a brand new servo that had a problem. He replaced the servo and never had an issue after.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Villa

Hi Night Scream
I have traced similar problems to a bad ON/OFF switch. You can test for this by connecting the battery direct to the receiver, thus bypassing the switch. I use a much better switch now, costing about 3 times as much.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Night Scream

Tried that.. changed all switches to heavy duty, brand new ones (ems,Jr and futaba)... And still the problem came back... No matter which switch I changed be it the ignition or receiver. Allways the glitch returns..

This is really a heck of a glitch won't go away..
Ironically everything I take off that plane and Try it in another works flawlessly.
So what's causing the glitch? Basically have rebuild the entire plane in conections and servos..
Old 03-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Change out the throttle servo and see if the problem does not disappear.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Check the shielding on the spark plug wire and that its firmly crimped on the sparkplug boot.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: mighty9

Check the shielding on the spark plug wire and that its firmly crimped on the sparkplug boot.
My first thought was the switch too, my second thought is the pulg wire may be shorting out. I just lost a plane due to RF from a shorting plug boot/wire. If it is only at full throttle then it could also be RF noise from something metal vibrating.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:03 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably has nothing to do with it but it's cheap and easy : try adjusting you end point adjustment down a notch or 2. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Night Scream

Well today I took the plane to the field., changed all the servos, switches, extensions with those that are on the twin of this plane another funtana 90 I have. All that remained was the ignition and receiver.

First 2 flights flawlessly, 3rd the glitch comes back...
Changed again the receiver, again the glitch but now after having the plane in full throttle for 1-2min it stops...

But after 1 more flight glitch came back....

Decided to change the ignition (brand new out of the box) and glitch went away.. sadly no more flights after only 2 more cause of night fall..

Any idea what is going on?
The original ignition is fully shielded everywhere from the ignition till spark plug.. and way away from any metal contact..