Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

C.G. Eaglet 50 Question?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

C.G. Eaglet 50 Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:10 PM
jag215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C.G. Eaglet 50 Question?

I was given an Eaglet 50 from another member of my flying club. It is in real good shape, only needed minimal repair work done to it. My question..It need to get a fuel tank for it. Any suggestions for a good fuel tank that will fit in it o.k. ? Also, I have an old O.S.40la, Is a .40 size engine too much for this airplane? I have another Eaglet that has an O.S.25 on it and it flies good with that engine just not sure the .40 i have is too much engine for it, or if I need to buy another .25. Thanks for some advice Jag.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: C.G. Eaglet 50 Question?

Not being familiar with your plane i'm guessing that the 40 will be ok...as far as the tank goes measure the hole and buy a tank that wikk fit,,,,,CG put it on the wing spar
Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 40 will be to much in my opinon. Add the size of the larger tank needed (More fuel) and you compound the issue. I have the Eagle 2 with a .40 and half throttle is more than enough.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Do328jet
My Feedback: (2)

I learned to fly with an Eaglet 50 back in the late 1980s. Liked that plane a lot, now I'm building two, one for my brother and one for myself. I would agree with Mike, go
with a .20 to .25. A .40 will require the engine mount to be moded, lead added to the tail and you will find that a bigger tank won't fit. A 6 oz tank is about the bigest tank
thatwill fit, the plans show a 4 oz tank.

Dave