Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

C.G. Eaglet 50 Question?

I was given an Eaglet 50 from another member of my flying club. It is in real good shape, only needed minimal repair work done to it. My question..It need to get a fuel tank for it. Any suggestions for a good fuel tank that will fit in it o.k. ? Also, I have an old O.S.40la, Is a .40 size engine too much for this airplane? I have another Eaglet that has an O.S.25 on it and it flies good with that engine just not sure the .40 i have is too much engine for it, or if I need to buy another .25. Thanks for some advice Jag.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: C.G. Eaglet 50 Question?

Not being familiar with your plane i'm guessing that the 40 will be ok...as far as the tank goes measure the hole and buy a tank that wikk fit,,,,,CG put it on the wing spar

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 40 will be to much in my opinon. Add the size of the larger tank needed (More fuel) and you compound the issue. I have the Eagle 2 with a .40 and half throttle is more than enough.
    Mike -
    I was born a pilot... 100 years to late.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I learned to fly with an Eaglet 50 back in the late 1980s. Liked that plane a lot, now I'm building two, one for my brother and one for myself. I would agree with Mike, go
    with a .20 to .25. A .40 will require the engine mount to be moded, lead added to the tail and you will find that a bigger tank won't fit. A 6 oz tank is about the bigest tank
    thatwill fit, the plans show a 4 oz tank.

Dave

Tiger Club #50
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #117