Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Can I use these servos in a 50cc class Yak?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Can I use these servos in a 50cc class Yak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
lrglnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use these servos in a 50cc class Yak?

I have a new to me 50 cc class Yak 54 ARF which is no longer made. Not sure of the brand of the plane. The wings of the plane has 2 servo slots in each wing, 1 servo slot in each half of the horizontal stab. and a place for 2 servos for the rudder, ganged together. I want to use 5645 digital servos in this plane. The instructions indicate no servo size. the 5645 is rated @ 160 oz torque at 6 volts. If I install 2 5645's in each wing will that give me a total of 320 oz per wing? If so that ought to be more than enough for imac or 3d style stuff. Right? and 1 5645 in each horizontal stab should be more than enough right?
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I use these servos in a 50cc class Yak?

I can't imagine why not.. I am not into the 3D scene at all but I probably would not hesitate to use 5645s in pairs on the surfaces like that..I have some experience with the 5645s and they have, so far, proven to me to be a sweetie if they are not abused... I am absolutely SURE that someone will say otherwise and I am sure they will have good reason to..
Old 04-22-2012, 02:19 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will be fine. Don't know that you need two per aileron, but they will work for you.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a giant scale and giant scale 3-D forum, if you post a photo of your plane there will probably be someone there that knows who made your plane and knows exactly what it requires. OK, not exactly but they will have a better idea then the general public. A 160 inch pound servo sounds like a big servo to most people, myself included but I run bigger then that in pattern planes. Servo speed and gear trains also count for a lot in making a choice. Try posting with a photo in one of those forums and see what people think. I'm sure you will end up with a lot of knowledge of your plane too.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

That was obvioiusly built before modern servos and I doubt it has the beveling for 3D rates. Two of those servos per aileron is probably over kill