Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DX6I edge 540 aileron issue

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX6I edge 540 aileron issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 PM
jk_lstr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6I edge 540 aileron issue

I am relatively new in the sport and i recently got a nitro plane edge 540 55in. I have a dx6i transmitter and an ar500 receiver. so I binded them together in the plane and ever since both ailerons are about 60% throw in the up position similar to flaperons. i have tried many things to fix it. the flaps are all zero out and not setup so its not that. its not the servo arm being out of center because i got the plane used and it didnt do that before. I have dual servo in the wings but with only the ar500 it has a built in y port for ailerons so my wing mix is in inh. I am lost here and looked around and cant seem to find anything to help me resolve the issue. I have tried to rebind multiple time and still does the same things. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jake
Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: DX6I edge 540 aileron issue

You are using a Y harness correct? In a flat mounted servo the arms need to both point to each other or away from each other. If the servos are mounted on their sides then the servos need to both face inboard or both outboard.
Now if somehow you're using a mix then you have to go to the two channels for alierons and reverse the wrong channel.
I am not a JR/Spetrum guy....I have heard some rumblings at the field and on here that the receiver you are using isn't the best.
Good Luck
Old 05-18-2012, 08:12 PM
jk_lstr

no I am not using a Y harness from my understanding with an ar500 reciever plugging each aileron into each port is the same as a wire harness though. so i guess in a sense I am using a Y harness but my servo installed both facing inboard the plane was bought used and have flown multiple times. also there is no mix in use what so ever thanks for the recommendations tho.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not familuar with the DX6I, but I would do this....

Remove the arms from the servos.
Make sure all trims are neutral.
Set all sub trims to "0"

Now, plug in the servos into their respective channel. Turn on the TX and RX and bind if necessary.
Reinstall the servo arms so the ailerons are centered.
Set up the TX so the ailerons move in the correct direction and amount.

It may be the previous RX/TX centered the servos differently from your TX/RX combo.

Ken
Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 AM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jake - Just trying to understand ...
First off - very few RC planes have flaps so unless you have one use the term Aileron please ('cause your audience confuses easier than most - maybe that's just me ).

Rx AR500 (built in servo Y harness between AILE &AILE - good naming confusion Spektrum )
Right aileron wire is plugged into Rx AILE (next to THROchannel) - this is setup for non-AR500 Rx
Left aileron wire is plugged into Rx AILE (next to GEARchannel) - this is setup for non-AR500 Rx

Tx DX6i WINGTAILMIX screen
DUALAILE - INH
V-TAIL - INH
ELEVON - INH

MONITOR screen - do you use this screen? If not, you should as it does not need the Rx wired up to verify your setup. Also helps to isolate programming / setup problems. If the monitor screen looks good the problem is probably in the plane's setup.

REVERSE screen
Note: just showing the reverse screen to focus on Spektrum continually confusing people with their crap naming conventions. Channel 6 on the AR500 Rx is called AILE. Channel 6 on the Tx Reverse screen is FLAP. Channel 6 on the Tx Monitor screen is AUX. My head hurts!!!! Guess that they are outsourceing the manual writing.
You said "ever since both ailerons are about 60% throw in the up position similar to flaperons."

Idon't know what this means. Are you saying that when you turn on the Tx then the Rx that the ailerons immediately go to 60% up position?
You said "the flaps are all zero out and not setup so its not that."

Are you talking about Travel Adj screen here? Or are you talking about the FLAPS screen?
Should not be an issue because flaperon is INH

You said "its not the servo arm being out of center because i got the plane used and it didnt do that before".

Center your servos. I do this before Imount the Rx - easier. Plug the battery wire (or switch out wire) into the Rx.
    [*]Plug the servo wires into one of 4 basic channels (THRO, AILE , ELEV, RUDD and AILE).[*]Turn on the Tx.[*]Display the MONITORscreen. That channel used should be at zero (in the center).[*]Turn on the Rx.[*]Observe the MONITOR for the servos - they should all be centered / zerod for the servo being tested.[*]Adjust arms as necessary.[/list]
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 PM
jk_lstr

thank you for the help i just ended up centering the servo arms on the servo in a neutral position and everything seems to be working fine so I dont know if the prior persons setting where just wack or exactly what happened but thank you for the advice.

jake
Old 05-19-2012, 02:15 PM
jetmech05

How does centering the arms stop them both from moving up? Ailerons should move opposite of each other.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:01 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[&o] Sounds like you have a LOT more plane then you need. Do you know how to fly ???? If not I suggest you get with an instructor and probably get a different plane. ENJOY !!! RED