Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

help with my .61 pro

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

help with my .61 pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:23 PM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with my .61 pro

Ok, so I've tried auto parts stores, I've tried home centers, and I can't find the right orings to put in my t.t..61 pro. I've been told to look there to get ones so I don't have to order and wait for the kit. Does anyone have any other suggestions to look at? I'd like to go flying this weekend, but I can't with a leaky carb. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:31 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: help with my .61 pro

I get nearly all of my o rings at Ace Hardware in the plumbing section. If it's just the carb o ring that's gone hard a dab of silicone will seal it up.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 PM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the needle valve oring that I'm looking for. I have a harbor freight kit and matched up the other ones nicely. The needle valve oring is actually to big for the ones in my kit. I need a 4mm x 2.5mm
Old 06-17-2012, 07:07 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Ace or True Value hardware store plumbing department (O) rings have always turned up being a crap shoot in these parts with more miss than hits. Seldom seeing the perfect size and thickness. This is why I no longer recomend the hardware stores for O rings or spend time looking rather than just ordering.

One of our locals who is often working on other folks engines has gone to buying the plumbing department O ring's and whittling them down in thickness with a blade. Maybe this works, maybe it does not but certainly not something I am gonna waste time on especially precious field time.

John
Old 06-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very next time I find the correct O-ring for one of my model engines at an auto parts store or hardware will be the very first time. A lot of close but never correct. I do find them once in a while at one of the LHS but I usually have to order them from places like Central Hobbies or Don's. I buy complete rebuild gasket sets for my YS engines and the set comes with all the gaskets and O-rings needed and a lot of the O-rings I need for different brands of engines can be found in these rebuild gasket sets. I have found sets at Tower GP for OS engines but usually my LHS has them on the rack.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try a hydrulics hose store,place that makes hydrulic hose for snow plows etc.they should be able to get any size .if yo have an original show them.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The power sports shop (motorcycles) had a box of all the popular o-rings used in motorcycle and snowmobile carbs. I dug into it a few times while I worked there and always found what I needed. We sold them individually as we rebuilt carbs.

Ken