Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:56 AM
gphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter

hello guys,I have a T6XA s Futuba Radio PCM/PPM selectable (46) and need to know what reciever and would like to know what reciever will work with this unit. Going to need recievers and servos. I know nothing about these radios or any far as that is concerened so give some info please. Going to start using this radio, used, soon. Thanks gphil

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM
gphil

Default RE: Transmitter

Excuse the nervous typing on upper note. OMG lol gphil
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM
carrellh

If you want PCM, you have to buy Futaba. If you want PPM, you have additional choices
Futaba
Castle Creations (Berg) - they have some tiny receivers that are full range and I think all are select shift
Hitec - be sure it is negative shift or select shift
Hobbico (rebranded Futaba)
Tower (rebranded Futaba)

This site has a good selection of 72mhz receivers http://www.advantagehobby.com/?cat=475
Servocity used to be a good source but they no longer carry 72mhz units
www.towerhobbies.com sells Futaba, some Hitec, and Castle (Berg)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:55 PM
gphil

Guess I need to read up on some of this stuff. Question is , 72 Mhz on the way out???? If I cannot find compatible units, might as well get new 2.4 radios, although hate to not use this fine transmitter. I will be watching. gphil
Old 07-26-2012, 03:46 PM
bob8619

I was in the position to repair some broken switches and replace the battery on my Futaba 72Mhz Radio and decided to just upgrade to 2.4. Glad I did.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
biam

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: gphil

hello guys, I have a T6XA s Futuba Radio PCM/PPM selectable (46) and need to know what reciever and would like to know what reciever will work with this unit. Going to need recievers and servos. I know nothing about these radios or any far as that is concerened so give some info please. Going to start using this radio, used, soon. Thanks gphil

I have one of these and still use it.I have both F.M. and 2.4 one works as well as the other for me, certain times you have to remember to pull out the antenae! The receiver I use is a futaba FP R127 DF. be sure to get the crystal to match your transmitter.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:13 AM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: gphil
Guess I need to read up on some of this stuff. Question is , 72 Mhz on the way out???? If I cannot find compatible units, might as well get new 2.4 radios, although hate to not use this fine transmitter. I will be watching. gphil
72 Mhz is definitely on the way out; as far as being able to buy new equipment. That does not mean we cannot continue using it; we just have to look harder for receivers and crystals. I bought a couple of used receivers from a club memnber who was thinning his inventory.

Most of the hobby shops I visit stopped ordering 72 Mhz stuff from their distributors at least 2 years ago. When they sell off existing inventory there will be no more locally. If that is a nationwide trend I would guess very little new 72 Mhz stuff is being imported.

I have two 6XAS transmitters and my brother has a 9C. As long as we can find working receivers we will stay on 72 Mhz.