Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

fox eagle .74

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:12 PM
john flynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fox eagle .74

Gidday all, I've just purchased a used one off ebay, it appears to be in good order with little wear showing internally. It never came with a manual and I would like an exploded view of it, if anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it. The carb rotor dose'nt have a spring behind, it is that normal ? When I removed the prop hub I noticed the front bearing doesn't have a seal, just the cone and the exposed bearing behind it, is this meant to be? One more thing, the fuel inlet nipple just screws in about 2 turns with no stop or seal and there is still about 5 turns of thread showing though it's not cross threaded. I'd appreciate any replies. Oh yeah, what's the recomended prop sizes for this engine. Thanks. Regards, John.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:50 PM
flydaddy-RCU

Default Fox 74

Everything you describe is normal, the biggest thing you need to look for is ring or ABC, Look in the exhaust, if it is all open it's ABC, if it has 1 or 2 bars vertical it's a ringed engine. If it's ABC your SOL, but you can send it to the factory and they will change it to ring. Fox had to many problems with the ABC and discontinued it. As far as prop they recommend a 11X8, I always like the 12X9ABS prop, that is what I got the most power and RPMs with anyway. flydaddy
Old 09-06-2003, 10:12 PM
john flynn

Default fox eagle .74

Thanks for yor reply fly daddy, it is a ringed engine. Could you tell me the crankshaft size as I need a prop washer. It never came with one. Regards, Anthony
Old 09-06-2003, 11:50 PM
linclogs

Default fox eagle .74

John --

You can download a Fox manual for this engine at the following url:

www3.bc.sympatico.ca/fliteline/eag4man.html

Hope this helps!

Jon (linclogs)