Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Should I Be Worried?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Should I Be Worried?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Should I Be Worried?

Well I have confidence in my DX8. I have not had a single issue that was NOT battery related. I actually had more issues with my Futaba RX in my Kadet, than in all the Spektrum planes I have.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I flew a DX7 in my 40% Carden 260 for around 500 or 600 flights with no issues, just lucky I guess...

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32276.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1816598  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:41 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At our field flyers(young.old, newbies and veterans) with the most problems with radio gear have been using Spektrum.  Biggest issues seems to be binding,or lack of(loosing) bind when all other components are in good shape. Craziest thing I have seen is someone has shown them a start-up procedure to use so now everyone has been turning the radio on, counting to 5, then turning the receiver on.
Others use Futaba and various other makes of 2.4 systems and they can turn both radio and receiver on at the same time or turn the receiver on first and no one has had any binding problems. Spektrum is a very popular system but I don't trust it.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stick 40

your running the life battery's in your planes, the reason I ask is I started using the A123's in mine last spring

sitcks
The problem was a quick fix. On the horizon web site they warned everyone to change from 4.8 volt packs to 6 volt packs so you didn't have a brown out. They also told how to check your RX to see if you had the older one. You simply turned on your radio and plane, turned off your radio then turned it back on and timed how long it took for the receiver to get the signal back. I found one that took up to 8 seconds but most were around 4 seconds. The 6 volt battery kept the brown out from happening and if you had the long lock out reviver's you just sent them back to horizon and they sent you the new and improved units. The brown out in the new radios seem to be a thing of the past these days and people have learned to use it. They are still giving you the 4.8 volt flight pack battery with the new radio's?
My only problem with Horizon/JR/ Spektrum knew about the problem and it took them a couple of years to correct it, all the while still selling the systems to the unknowing public. That's not good customer service so I no longer buy anything from them.
As I said though, they seem to have gotten all there problems taken care of but they didn't do it until Futaba and Hitec came out with there systems then changes were made to there products. It's just a personal choice, JR Spektrum is still used more at the fields I fly at then any other brand. The A-123 packs are also a very popular item where I fly.