Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lost my shop buddy last night

Well I dont have a question, nore do I have an answer but I thought I would share the passing of my shop buddy that ment alot to me. About this time last year a kitten of about 7-8 weeks old showed up, I didnt need a cat, didnt want a cat but here he was. He stuck around and every night he would be out in the shop with me. Long story short I ended up keeping him, took him down and had him fixed and such, I could allways count on him being there right in the way wanting attention like normal, I cant tell you the amount of modles he HELPED me with. Anyway so this morning at 5:30 am I get a call from my nabour saying hes been run over and out in the street dead. Now normally id be like ok but for some reason this is hitting me like a ton of bricks, im sure gonna miss the little guy. Even worse is I still have to tell my wife and 13 year old daughter.
    Ive got a couple of pics of him out in the shop laying on his bed. his name was Roofus, I called him Dufas. These arnt the best pics but all I have for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kh17771.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	1796114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36954.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	1796115  
    Cub brotherhood #113

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lost my shop buddy last night

Very sorry for your loss. I have two that are all over me when I'm trying to do something. I would sure mourn the loss of either.

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for your loss... non pet people sometimes dont understand but I do. two cats and a dog here and when I had to put our mix mutt type dog down several years ago I cride like a baby.... had her from 8 weeks up to about 10 yrs. time is not the issue.. one can get very attached quite quickly. I know it's soon.. but down the road check out the shelters... there's lots of love there just waiting for someone..
    Mike -
    I was born a pilot... 100 years to late.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So sorry to hear about Roofus, your shop buddy. Loosing a pet is almost like loosing a family friend. We have 4 cats ( had 5 but we had to put one down) and each one has their unique way around my shop. Throw a servo arm on the floor and they go nuts, but they won't bother things otherwise. Name your next plane after him in his memory and things will get better. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family
    if that cat steals one more part... AMA# 881117

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for your loss. We had a long haired Persian cat that we had for 16 years and Gabby passed away two years ago. They are a lot like family and we can tell you were attached and will miss him.

In the works: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair
    CORSAIR Brotherhood # 39

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used to have pets and basically we only have a small dog now. I came up around animals and have been around animals all my life. I know how easy it is to get close and enjoy their friendship. You can get very closely attached and it is sad when things happen to them especially getting run over.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you all for the suport, I just broke the news to my wife and child, it wasnt a easy thing to do.
    Cub brotherhood #113

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They say you don't choose a cat, but rather a cat chooses you. The selfish little buggers grow on you quickly, don't they?
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

I feel your loss. I also had a very affectionate cat/building buddy that we named Alex, he was solid black and was named after one of my teenage sons African American friends, Alex.
    Anyway, we had him for 3 years or so. Every night he'd go out and every day break he'd come back home. Then one night he went out and just never came back. I'm guessing he also got out in the street and was run over.
    We looked and looked for several days and then just accepted the fact that he was gone forever.
    This tore me up more than any loss I've ever experienced. Even more than B1 or B2 (ex-wives).
    Not too long ago we got a replacement, another cat solid black and we named him Ali. After the boxer. But it's not the same.
    Mike Gordon AMA 320990
    RC Pylon Racing, the ultimate thrill, when sex and drugs just taint enough!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott, your story reminds me of the passing of my friend, we called him " Gato" Onr day my daughter and then girlfriend called to sak if they could get a cat. At the time our rental agreement would not allow. I soon found out that they already had the cat in the car and were headed home. They knew me all too well and soon I was attached to that little black ball of fur. As he grew I came to see that he had a quite unique personality. My fondest memory is when the forementioned girfriend decided to leave me and Gato. She had her car at the garage packing in her last load. The cat simply walked up to a tire, pointed his little furry black butt at the rim and let it fly. He sprayed the rim and tire but good, looked at her and walked away. I promised him he would have a home for the rest of his days and I honored that promise for 4 years until his passing. I miss him to this day.
    Of course it's true, I read it on the Internet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can never replace a cat. The next one is going to be different and have his own quirks to appreciate. My wife and I have a Maine Coon and he's the coolest cat I've ever been around. He's huge and fluffy and chose us by swatting his paw at us (and only at us) from the cage he was in at the adoption event. He tells stories and sits in our laps while we watch TV, and he's the same size as our weenie dog so watching them play rough is a hoot.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry for your loss also.

I got divorced 2 years ago after 27 years, the only thing
    I miss is the Dogs.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

They say you don't choose a cat, but rather a cat chooses you. The selfish little buggers grow on you quickly, don't they?

Isn't that the truth!!

Somehow a stray that chooses you is always, somehow, a little more special...Very sorry to hear of your loss.

As I've told my kids on the loss of several of our furry family members; Just like in accounting, the books have to be balanced. If the cat (dog) was wonderful, the mourning will be severe- If the animal was horrible, the relief will be welcome.
    "The American taxpayer has always been politicaly deceived. It's their Birthright!"
    Lord Mountjoy, 'The Mouse on the Moon'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm so sorry, I lost mine this year too after almost 16 years. It's been 6 months now and my wife and I were just talking about him last night. I'm still missing my man child.
    Drinking and driving are illegal, why do bars have parking lots
    Daisy Air Guns, keeping kids off your lawn for 100 years

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its been really hard, me and the wife went fishing tonight and all we could seem to talk about was my little buddy, he is trully missed. We also have a stricklly indoor cat thats fat as can be and we can tell she misses him as well, he was her play buddy. Shes been acting really strange the last couple of days.
    Cub brotherhood #113

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Understood. 

The warm a spot in your heart and it sure hurts when it tears away. 
    Charlie P. (NY) "Gravity is weak but persistant".

AMA 747089/IMAA 30723

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We had to put our 3 year old Goldendoodle down six months ago. I think of him every day and sometimes the tears just come all of a sudden. They really are part of our family. We just got a new Doodle pup and it helps but I still miss Ben.
    JEB
    Giant Scale P-47, Knight Twister, 33% BD-8, 40% Gee Bee Z, 25% Dr1, 25% Clip Wing Cub, #45 Bud Nosen 310 Club

I share your sorrow!
    \"Nope, I still got my saber, Reverend. Never beat it into no ploughshare neither.\"
    Ethan Edwards \"The Searchers\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I feel for your loss. We lost a wonderful long time male cat (Smokey) earlier this year - he "escaped" through a screen window to chase bugs and never returned. He was deaf and could not hear us call him during our many searches. We then picked up two new Main Coon mix kittens from a shelter 8 weeks ago, Bullwinkle and Cubby - a brother and sister. Now, we just found out (after $800 in vet bills) that Cubby has FIP and only has a week or two left in her life. We really get attached to these guys and it hurts to lose them under any circumstance. Pets are great companions and are always there for us. Too bad more people are not that way....

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As the the adopted pet of five household cats and two neigborhood cats I feel your loss and pain.

I found comfort in this the first time I lost one:

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...
    Spitfire Brotherhood #6
    Kadet LT 40 Brotherhood #98

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think we all feel your pain. I had to unfortunetly put one of my 2 down a couple of weeks ago. She was almost 18 but pretty messed up. So I had seen enough on this particular Sunday,she was falling over couldn't walk and my kids were really upset. So off I went like a big blubbering baby. The receptionest came in after we put her to sleep and handed me a bill for $347.00. I was blown away at the amount it cost to put her down and asked like a jerk. And was told it was because it was Sunday witch is emergency rate. Would have paid anyway but would have been nice to know up front. My fault for not asking I suppose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hate cats and that brought tears to my eyes. So sorry for your loss. Shop buddy.. so sad.