Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Do you think engines have a memory ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Do you think engines have a memory ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 04:34 AM
DJ Gadget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think engines have a memory ?

Why is it that once you start using an electric starter on an engine, the engine never ever want's to start by hand again, like it remembers you have a starter.

I swear they are alive
Old 09-09-2003, 06:22 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do you think engines have a memory ?

[8|It is being kind to you does not want to smack your fingers sort of like your dog
not nice to bite the hand that feeds it
Old 09-09-2003, 07:13 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

its because you can easily screw up your engine with the starter.. any non-ringed engine under 60-70ish should start with a few flicks, if it wont theres something wrong with it.. starters can hide a number of mixture type problems that may harm your engine once running.

after a friend screwed a 15 engine of mine with his monster starter i've never used one again. makes the box lighter too. ( ps, the starter didn't break the engine, just never ran right again, think the conrod was damaged slightly. )
Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Azcat59

They probably have a memory, and I swear they can hear you talking.....after my buddy and I said discouraging things about a Drone Diesel in about 1948, it popped our fingers until we took turns going around the corner of his house and crying..... but the engines I have bragged on have run great for me.....just like bragging on your dog!

On a serious note, I don't think using a starter damages the engine if it is used wisely. Don't hydraulic lock it up and then hit it with the starter, or sit there and grind away with the starter.

Clair