Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New Plane

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Plane

I reciently Aquired an airplane that I have never seen before and can find little about on the web but it is very cool....It is made entirly of Canadian white pine...It is a biplane called the piney....The ones I found on the web were mono planes...It has the coolest way of hinging the control surfaces...It used thread in eyes and 1/8 dowel with fuel tubing retainers to hinge everything...It leaves a large hinge gap but this looks like it might be fairly slow flying ...Has anybody had any experience with one of these planes...This one needs a little repair...Not much...One wing panel needs recovering...There are a couple of broken ribs....Just minor stuff...I need to know the CG....It is a cool looking little plane The wing span is about 54" and the fuse is about 38" from rudder post to the front of the cheeks.... I am not sure of the motor size but I am thinking about a small four stroke probably an OS if I can find one....I would like to know how they fly ...I would not like to take it up and break it to pieces due to stupidity ...I think it is sort of a rare bird worth doing my best to care for....I would really like to hear from anyone with experience with the Piney line of planes...How do they handle ect. ect. .. Thankyou