Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Major interference

Hi. I am using a skysport 6 transmitter (while waiting for enough cash to by a 2.4tx) and last week got my new phoenix cessna 182 test flown at the club. All went well. However I have now bought a trainer to get some time on the sticks and using the same transmitter and rx as in the cessna I lose connection from 2 metres away and even standing near the plane the servos start going mad and move by themselves.

Tried a new receiver, same result. Tried both receivers in the cessna as I thought the second hand trainer might have dodgy servos and the same thing happens!!!

That leaves me with one conclusio... must be the transmitter!! I have also tried bypassing all switches and still no solution.

Is it the transmitter? If it is my new cessna is very lucky cause it flew perfectly the week before.

Any ideas?
    regards
    kaborex

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Major interference

First, make sure your battery is full charged on both transmitter and Receiver. Does it still work with the Cessna? If so it is not the transmitter. Is the second receiver one that uses negative shift (the Futaba uses negative shift but many other brands use positive shift) and is not a PCM type. If the transmitter no longer works with the Cessna;
    Check to make sure the antenna in the transmitter is tight and properly connected. The connection inside can become loose over time, especially if the antenna has been manhandled (collapsed and expanded many times) as it just screws in. If it is loose see if turning it will tighten it up. If not remove the back of the transmitter (usually just remove about 6 Phillips head screws) and gently lift it off. Remove the battery before doing this. There may be a few wires between the trainer port on the back and the electronics so be careful and do not stress them. You should then be able to check the integrity of the internal antenna connection and correct it if it is loose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Major interference

Had the same issues with my Futaba 6exa.I went to 2.4 DX7 Spektrum tx never had a glitch for 4yrs,now i have just purchased DX8 great tx when you go to buy highly consider this transmitter.IT"S GREAT.It"s interference go to 2.4 you will be happy you did.
    Norm

happy flyin keep smilin

THERE\'\'\'\'S NO LIFE LIKE IT