Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ys 140 tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
to.transam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ys 140 tuning

What is the factory settings for the needles and fuel regulator?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
LargeScale88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ys 140 tuning

Thats a question for Gene (GrayBeard) here on rcu, he uses alot of YS engines, he should know.

I personally know nothing about YS engines, so sorry I can't help you there.

Jason
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post this in the pattern section and you will get more info.

The regulator comes flush with the housing. There is no factory setting for the needle - they normally come uninstalled. Screw it all the way in, back it out 3 or 4 turns and start it, then you get to decide from there.

Kurt
Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

2.5 turns is what the manual says, my 120s always ran between 1 1/2 to 2 turns out.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Factory?? It's been 7 years sense I have had a new 140 and don't recall. If you go into the glow engine forum, it's a sub forum in gas engines, there is a YS factory support and you can find and ask all your YS questions there and get expert help. The regulator screw should be flush with the case, the high end out about two turns and about the same for the low end. That gets the engine started then you tune as normal, high end first then the low end. On a YS the low end needle adjusts back wards to other engines, in is fat and out is lean, they have an air bleed carb so that's the reason for that.
About the only trouble most people have with the YS is the diaphragm will go bad or dirt in the regulator. Most of us keep a couple extra diaphragms on hand and replace them every year or two. If one of mine starts acting different then normal I just change the diaphragm and it seems to cure the problem.
In the YS forum {factory Support} you will find everything you need to know. About the only thing I do different is run mine with 15% nitro, most the guys like 30% so they are easier to tune. Once I have my engines in tune I never touch a needle until our weather changes, I tune for 115 degrees and have to start fattening them up at around 60 degrees, one click at a time on the high end. When the temps get into the 20s and 30s my engines will be about 4 clicks fat on the high end. For some reason I almost never have to touch the low end?
Go into YS support, I think you will like it there, a lot of good info and you will love your YS engine for years to come.