Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Connecting switched-lights directly to battery?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Connecting switched-lights directly to battery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 AM
kman13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting switched-lights directly to battery?

Hi all,

I'm new to rc flying. I've been interested for years and finally picked up a Champ RTF.

The area where I live only provides for calm winds at dusk, so lights are a must. I've been searching without avail for the Tiny Brite Lights #2022a kit which many have installed on their Champs.

I did however find, the small plane deluxe kit #3072 at a local hobby shop thinking this was just an older version of the 2022a kit as it contains the same number of LEDs and designed for a small plane.

Many of the Tiny Brite Lights kits plug into a spare rx chanel in the airplane, as the Champ does not have this (at least I dont think it does), I just tapped into the battery wire. This is where I'm running into an issue.

Some of the Tiny Brite Lights kits have two wires that go into into the connector, whereas this one has three, the third is probably a singal wire to operate the lights in separate "steps". I suppose as I leave the signal wire unattached (positive and negative attached to the battery wire), the lights do not get the signal to turn on, I just see all lights flash for a second, then all lights remain unlit.

I was wondering if there is any work around for this?? While the 2022a kit would have been ideal, I'm determined to make this work if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!!