Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

set low end idle on thunder tiger 40 size engine s printed on the side of engine

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

set low end idle on thunder tiger 40 size engine s printed on the side of engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:25 PM
coralsea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default set low end idle on thunder tiger 40 size engine s printed on the side of engine

How to set low end idle on thunder tiger engine. It has an S printed on the side, I'm not sure of the size. The airplane with engine was a gift.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:42 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: set low end idle on thunder tiger 40 size engine s printed on the side of engine

Sounds like a Super Tigre to me.Size might be under exhaust stack on side of crankcase. Max
Old 10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
coralsea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: set low end idle on thunder tiger 40 size engine s printed on the side of engine

Thanks MAX I'm new to RCU and this hobby. Can't tell the size, mounted in the aircraft. full power ok but will not idle.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely a two nedle carb. Idle mixture screw is in the center of the arm the pushrod hooks to . Turn it out to richen & in to lean it . Use a small common screwdriver. No sweat! Max H.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There are many tuning guides on the web, but I've linked to one below for you to save some searching. It can be helpful to walk yourself down to the best idle setting, which means get it to run at 1/4 throttle, then go down a little bit and get it to run reliably there, and go just a click or two of throttle down each time until you have a low enough idle that the engine won't pull the plane. That should be around 3k rpm. Lower is certainly possible, but really not necessary aside from the occasional plane that simply won't slow down for landings.

If you'll post a pic of the engine we can probably tell you what it is.

http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.co...ning-tips.html