Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

CMP retailers...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CMP retailers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:48 AM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP retailers...

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a shop in Canada that sells CMP, and/or Starmax models? I asked on another forum but had no replies. Been looking for the T-45 or Starmax 90mm F-16 But Nitroplanes won't ship it to me, they say the box is too big and Hobbyking's shipping is way too high to justify the purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: CMP retailers...

Bickerbc may know. We have a lot of guys from Canada here. Funny, shipping was a topic this week at my LHS. He was telling customers that wanted to have some big ARF sent to Mexico about all the fees. The shipping is about the same as the price of the plane then they have a tax on top of that so by the time it gets to the person the price is almost triple the cost of the plane. I knew it wasn't cheap to send items to other countries but I had no idea how much it really was. I have a lot of equipment I would like to send to some people out of country but the cost is out of line.
Good luck with your endeavor.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM
ssrc30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shipping costs are getting to be absolutely ridiculous. I live in a "remote" community and to get that plane from Hobbyking was actually going to cost me more than the plane itself. I would have ordered a smaller plane but I fly using fpv as I am 80% blind in one eye, BBQ's fight back you know, and the camera makes it possible for me to continue flying.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm pretty sure some of the guys here from BC will chime in for you. I have been flying with a 70% loss in my right eye with double vision myself for several years but it was just crap for optometrists at the VA. They finally got it right this last time and all is well again, I can even drive at night again and read the TV guide on my big screen with both eyes open again. I'm now able to fly small planes again and I only see one of them.