Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Has anyone Successfully used an LP5DSM as a slave to a DX7?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Has anyone Successfully used an LP5DSM as a slave to a DX7?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:18 PM
gt4steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone Successfully used an LP5DSM as a slave to a DX7?

I have a brand new LP5DSM short range Tx (Blade CX2 which I now bind to my DX7 for MUCH better flight capabilities and programming functionality) and would really love to use it as a buddy box to help train my 7yo son to fly.

Has anyone used the LP5DSM as a buddy box to a Spektrum Tx, succesfully???
I have a simple audio cable, 3.5mm jack plug double ender.
I have also performed a mod that I once noticed on YouTube to enable it to be used as a buddy box, but I've never used a trainer cable link and honestly don't know what or how to do.

Many thanks,
Steve..
Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:26 PM
gt4steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone Successfully used an LP5DSM as a slave to a DX7?

I have found this info and thought to share for others, I'm guessing it is well stated but if you have further clarity or help, please let me know.
Cheers, Steve..

Instructions for JR (B4)
• Verify both instructor and student transmitter to have fully charged batteries.
• Switch OFF power on both Instructor and Student transmitters, and also switch OFF the model's
receiver power.
• Connect one end of the trainer cord to the Instructor's transmitter. The power indicator should turn
ON (while the main power switch is OFF)
• Connect the other end to the Student's transmitter. The power indicator should turn ON (while the
main power switch is OFF)
• Switch the Instructor's transmitter to ON, and the model's receiver to ON. Make sure the servos are
functioning properly
• DO NOT turn on the student's transmitter, it should be OFF at all times.
• DO NOT pull or press the trainer switch on the student's transmitter, it should not be used at any
time during training.
• Set all trim levers and reversing switches on the student's transmitter to match the instructor.
• Pull or press the trainer switch on the instructor's transmitter; the student's transmitter now has
control of the model. The student can move the sticks to check servos' movement as well as the
direction of movement. When the trainer's switch on the instructor is released, control is transferred
back to the instructor's transmitter.
• To check for exact matching of trim positions, continue to switch control back and forth between
instructor and student. Adjust the student's trim position to match the instructor. Adjust until no
movement on the servos is observed when control is transferred to the student.