Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

hangar 9 fuel pump manual

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

hangar 9 fuel pump manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 AM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default hangar 9 fuel pump manual

Hi
does anyone know what volume of fuel is dispensed with one rotation of the crank on a Hangar 9 manual pump?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 PM
orthobird

Default RE: hangar 9 fuel pump manual

it is 10 ml per rotation of the hand crank.
10 cranks is 100 cc
or 3.38 ounces.

100 cranks is 33 ounces 
Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Orthobird I have for some years now used only the geared manuals of various brands for glow and gasolene, This also includes three or four of the Hanger 9.

What I have experiance with all of them is considerably varied output depending on the age and service of the partucular pump. This to the point of relying on published figures such as those as quite unrelilable.

What I do instead especially when I am trying to extablish flying times (even on some of my cross country stuff) is to simply count the turns when fillling, topping off or defueling each airplane without trying to convert to ounces. By keeping these mental notes on just the turns in or out it soon becomes very easy to extrapolate your expected flying timess. This has worked better for me than trying to convert to ounces and ounces per minute.

One caution though when useing a geared manual for gasolene (in my case its the Dubro) note it takes far more cranks than when pumping glow fuel. Am sure it has to do with viscosity but it takes about twice the cranks to pump a like quantity of gasolene instead of glow fuel.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85311.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1834270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49212.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1834271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74530.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1834272  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 AM
orthobird

thank you for the info. you knew what i was looking for. i was trying to estimate how much fuel was used during a x time flight.