Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

WWW.Hobby-Zone.com ????

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

WWW.Hobby-Zone.com ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WWW.Hobby-Zone.com ????

What's the story on Hobby-Zone in Van Nuys CA.?? Their web site shows a Rossi .60 engine that I want to buy but I can't contact them. No response to EMail or the contact block on their site. The phone number on the web site is incorrect.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: WWW.Hobby-Zone.com ????

now I've been moved out of So Cal for a while, 7 years, But there was never a Hobby Shop there the 43 years I lived there

That looks like a "E-commerce" site,, the address is a commercial unit or a storage locker.

I'd pass and use a known reputable dealer if I were you

good luck
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that that was the case. I'll be looking elsewhere.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 AM
KW_Counter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't contact them before you send money,
you definitely ain't going to be able to contact them after you do.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a cluster of warehouses about the size of a 4 car garage with the name "douglas white effects" on the door. It's definitely not a hobby shop. Behind the the warehouses is Van Nuys Air Port. There is a fenced in area that has an old pickup truck parked and a lot of junk.

I don't think I would be sending my money there.

Frank
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
gilberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a airplane from them and thought things looked weird, as I did not get a order confirmation e-mail.
So, I tried to contact them using the number provided in the contact page. I got only an answering machine with the only word in the message is "Edwin".
I noticed that there was no reference to the hobby shop. So, I called my credit card company and put a hold an all purchases. I will call back in a week or so and see if any purchases have been declined,
and if fraud is detected, will cancel this card. I should have checked RCUniverse before I made this purchase...

Gary
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: countilaw

It's a cluster of warehouses about the size of a 4 car garage with the name ''douglas white effects'' on the door. It's definitely not a hobby shop. Behind the the warehouses is Van Nuys Air Port. There is a fenced in area that has an old pickup truck parked and a lot of junk.

I don't think I would be sending my money there.

Frank
Wow....not much in the way of business standards there! You would think that if someone was running a legitimate business there would be something to indicate it - another of the many fractures in today's business world.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

It's not uncommon for mail order or E-commerce businesses to run from these industrial building parks..

But this is interesting,
there is a hobby shop in Glendale, CA or used to be, that is owned by a guy named Edwin, I thought it was called Edwin's Hobby. I never shopped there myself, but do have friends that did. He was a straight guy from what I remember.

When I google the phone number I get referances to Hobby Zone in Glendale,, could be the shop closed and it just the storage building now
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

It's not uncommon for mail order or E-commerce businesses to run from these industrial building parks..

But this is interesting,
there is a hobby shop in Glendale, CA or used to be, that is owned by a guy named Edwin, I thought it was called Edwin's Hobby. I never shopped there myself, but do have friends that did. He was a straight guy from what I remember.

When I google the phone number I get referances to Hobby Zone in Glendale,, could be the shop closed and it just the storage building now
If that is the case then it might be legit. Hopefully someone can speak with him or get references. If he has good references and treats folks right, then it won't matter if it is an older warehouse situation.