Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Twin engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Twin engines

I would like to controll the engine speeds on my twin airplane . Is there a way using servos and controlling from my transmitter?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Twin engines

You can use 2 servos and program them to different channels on the radio. I do this to adjust the RPM so they are matched, but I have never tryed to cut one down in flight. What are you trying to accomplish? Dave
    If the screw ain\'t loose then things ain\'t normal.

Dave Agar
    AMA#97144

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Set your engines on 2 different channels and set a 3-position mix switch to combine them with throttle as the master and ch6 as slave, for example. This will let you switch from using the throttle or both the throttle and whatever other level you name. I would use a left-side lever if your radio has one.

Use a second mix to set ch6 as master and throttle as slave. This was you can use the 3-position switch to allow you to fly with either engine shut down.

Be sure you have a good, strong rudder servo and a stiff pushrod; pull-pull is better.

Ed Moorman, AMA 553, Former R/C Report Fun Aerobatics Columnist. 76 and up to my old tricks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thing to remember about twins is one engine will always be the master. that is the engine you tune to...you want the master to be the weak engine.... easier to tune the strong engine to the weak one....single engine operation on a twin usually does not work very well. Neither would differental thrust. That is why the weak engine should be master trying to aviod single engine operation since we can't feather a prop. a dead engine is alot of drag on one side