Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

HS625MG servo for rudder

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

HS625MG servo for rudder

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM
ggate
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS625MG servo for rudder

Hello guys.I need some help here. Building a u can do 46. I have a HS-625MG servo for Rudder with an 24inch extension. It keeps jittering very badly or flutters back and forth and stops when you touch stick on transmittter. Here is what i have found. I removed 24inextension and pluged to reciever( works great) then. Tryed another heavy duty 24 inchextension(same thing) flutter. I hooked those extension to my other servos which are HS-485HBs and they work perfect. Servo extension are 24in heavy duty form horizon hobby. voltage is at 5.2volts coming out of reciever. Anyone have a suggestion?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:21 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS625MG servo for rudder

To rule out the receiver move the 625 rudder servo and extension over to the elevator port and see if it jitters.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
ggate

Did that -same thing at all other channels
You think i need the hitech twisted extension?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

No.
Do you have a 6.0 volt battery pack ? If so try that .
If not did you try the 625 and extension on the rudder port with the rest of the servos disconnected from the receiver ?
Is the 625 new or used?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
ggate

Brian
it is a new servo..
yes i tryied that also
but here is what i have now-this may be problem.(i do not have my 6volt pack yet) but i had a ubec laying around so thought i would use with a 1100mah 11.1 volt 3cell lipo -tryed output volts at 5 and 6 volts.
the servo seems to work fine as long as it doesnt have the extension connected to it in all reciever channels

Greg
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

tie a knot in the extension, and try it.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
ggate

Tried 1 knot. then 4 knots-got better every time. Ended up with 8 knots in it. Extension is short as i can go. Really helped alot. You think i could seperate the 3 wires and twist them like hitec does would do any better? I would like it to be just a little bit better.

Greg
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
ggate

Sir Percy is the man.
Problem solved!!!!!!!!![8D].
Here is what i did.  I seperated the 3 wires on the 24 inch extension. Twisted them like hitec does and it got better,but tied 3 knots in extension even better.
It made my extension a little shorter but still long enough.. Smooooth as a babies butt now!!!!!
 I would like to thank everyone for there help.
I've been out of the hobby for several years now. Purchased an electric Kantana foamy just to get me back in the swing of flying,but i miss that nitro smell and wanted to build one. I decided on a u can do 46 for now. going to put a OS FS 70 on it. not sure of prop size, but will try several different ones.

Thanks again
Greg
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM
ggate

FYI
Guys, i was still having some glitches and flutter with this servo in rudder. I was sure this problem was fixed but started doing it just a little again. I did some research on ways to eliminate this since it is picking up interference. What i did was take the back off the HS-625mg servo so i could get to circuit board.
I needed to get to where the 3 servo wires attached. I soldered a .001uf disc capacitor to signal lead and ground wire where the wires fastened to circuit board. This fixed all glitches and fluttering. The wires did not even have to be twisted or knots for this to work.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I've heard of people doing that way back in the early FM days but I thought it had gone obsolete since then. On the U Can Do topic, are you aware of the nasty flutter tendency of those big control surfaces? That plane is a sweet 3D flyer since it's purpose built to hang on the prop and do waterfalls all day long, but if you get any speed on it you risk crashing due to flutter. The U Can Do is not a sport plane, even though it does fly like one on lower rates.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Try a choke. Its a ferrite ring used for noise suppression. You might want to look at your antenna setup. What radio, where are your satellite receivers located?
http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...8554?k=ferrite
Digikey has some.
Edwin
Found one at Horizon too.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...style-2JRPA029
Old 03-14-2013, 04:41 AM
ggate

I am using a 2.4ghz transmitter- moved the receiver just about everywhere-but seems i need everything moved forward for balance. All other servos work perfect-it was just this high torque servo in rudder giving me fits.   not trying to change subject-  Back to U can do. I am planing on running an OS FS 70- with a 12 x 8 prop. Think i read somewhere people using 14 x 4w -but prop selection guide does state using that prop for an os 70. What prop would you recommend for this plane?? Was not aware of the speed flutter in control surfaces,but i have been out of hobby for 15 years and just now getting back. I put on cg machine last night- seems i need more nose weight for a 4-3/4in cg- think i will try a heavyier nose washer under spinner.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd definitely go with a low pitch prop, probably 4 and then whatever diameter loads the engine properly. That will let it hang on the prop all day if you want it to and won't allow you to get too much forward speed going. These U can Do's are good planes for what they were designed to do. People just get into trouble when they try to fly them as sport planes. It's not an Ugly Stick and isn't built to be flown like one. That said, if you're not wanting to get into prop hanging just yet a .40 size Ugly Stick would be an excellent plane to put that .70 4 stroke on to get your wings back.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 AM
ggate

Had a 40 back in the day-what i learned on- very good plane and fun to fly.
Trying to get into 3-d a little. I have been flying a cheap Kantana foamy to get me back into the swing of flying. Decent little plane-but cant handle very much wind at all. Battery packs last about 7 min of hard flying-Going back to nitro-like them alot better. Seems i am a little behind on techonology of the sport, but very fast learner. I should have the U can do in the air next week-let you no how it goes. I have other post on here where i am trying to program the TX9 flysky transmitter-just about figured out-think i made a mistake with buying the flysky instead of something else. It seems to work ok with the Kantana but it has a simple set-up versus how i am programing the u can do. The Flysky manual for programing it is way out there and very hard to understand.

Greg