Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What to do when supplier is wrong but wont budge ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What to do when supplier is wrong but wont budge ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 02:59 PM
nashtm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do when supplier is wrong but wont budge ?

Hi

I need advice !!!

I bought a Proxon drill (like a Dremel)(and expensive) and have been very happy with it but the other day it made a screaching noise when I used it so I packed it up and took it back to my LHS who sent it back to the agent. (under warrenty)

The agent replaces the bearing(which the LHS pays for because appently bearings are not covered) in it and sends it back but now it still has a noise at low speed - the bearing screach is gone but there is another funny noise that was never there. The LHS has been very helpful and even took the drill to another service centre for a second opion. They agreed that the noise was not normal.

The LHS phones the agent and tells them that they and the customer (me)are not happy - the agent tells them that they tested and that it is 100% and the noise is normal!!

I freak out and phone the agent and explain (calmly and rationally) that I am unhappy about it and he tells me the same thing and that he is not prepared to do anything.

I cant believe it - I buy an expensive item and the agent wont stand by it !!!!
I am going to email Proxxon HQ in Germany about it and there shoddy agent here in South Africa.

Is there anything else I can do ???

Tim
South Africa
Old 09-18-2003, 05:57 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What to do when supplier is wrong but wont budge ?

That's about it and if you get results like I did emailing a head office about Mustang tires (full size) you will be happy. It depends on how interest HO is in customer satisfaction. They should be interested. If you got the LHS to write also to support your position, it might help.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:51 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I'm having the same problem with Black & Decker. I would have thought that B&D, being the large and old company that they are, would have been customer oriented. However, I find that is not the case and nobody there seems to give a damn. I bought a "MOUSE" hand sander made by B&D, and it only worked for about 2 hours before the plastic pegs that attach the sanding shoe to the body of the sander gave up. I contacted B&D for some support and found that they really don't care. Maybe they are big enough, after all, that they don't need repeat business. If anyone here has a name and address of someone there who might be interested, I would appreciate it. It's really quite a helpless feeling when you spend good money for something like this and it doesn't work and nobody cares.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:28 PM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

Go buy another one, put your crapper in the new box and take it back... they'll never know..