Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What do you do to overcome age-related farsightedness and other vision problems?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What do you do to overcome age-related farsightedness and other vision problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 04:07 PM
ssautter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you do to overcome age-related farsightedness and other vision problems?

I'm also near-sighted, but will let y'all in on a little secret....

The next one of you to have your cataracts removed,ought tosurgically-removeyour ailing prostate, whilst you have your eye surgery.
Buy the package deal, save your medical "vouchers", and let the young guns fly your planes for you.
The pentagon will thank you, Paul Ryan will thank you. Heck! All of'merica will thank you.

We don't want your cancer....
Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What do you do to overcome age-related farsightedness and other vision problems?

Colors - Everyone sees colors slightly different. Colors tend to blend to black at distance. When an airplane is highly visible in the air I like to make a sketch for later reference. Reverse colors often changes visibility so the sketch comes in handy later.

Landing speed and wing loading - A wing loading of 20 to 25 oz./sq. ft. for a 40 or 60 size airplane will usually land from 20 to 25 Miles per hour.

Beater airplane. Hopefully one you can land in your sleep. Better yet one that lands itself. Older beat up airplanes usually have the problems resolved. Old friends are often the best friends of all.

Bill