Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

hooking up 4 aileron servos

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

hooking up 4 aileron servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default RE: hooking up 4 aileron servos

The issue is that most servos still use pots and they are very old technology with wide manufacturing tolerances. Some manufacturers before computer radios knew this and designed some adjustment. Kraft servos had an adjustable pot via a screwdriver through the output shaft. Futaba had two screws holding the pot in place that you could loosen and the rotate the pot and then snug the screws down to lock the pot in place. Now with SMT construction pots are non adjustable.

If anyone who is currently using a Y would care to go and measure their ailerons travel Im sure you would be surprised how far off they are.

BAX, I am quite surprised that a company such as Great Planes would not want people to set up your products as well as possible to the point of GP including an advanced trimming guide with each model. the better the model flies the better your word of mouth advertising would be. sounds like a great tool to me. I can't count how many times I have seen someone unhappy with a model that just needs some advanced trimming. In this forum look for a thread titled Nose Heavy. The OP is much happier with his airplane after learning some trimming techniques.