Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RCM Plans ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:26 AM
1 Pitts Special 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCM Plans ???

Has anyone ever ordered plans from RCM? I ordered a set of plans on March 5 an I have yet to receive them. I have written them twice. I have asked for mu money back an still no response. I dont know what to do. I guess I have just lost my money. Below I have shown my invoice without important info to prove my point. Can someone direct me to a person or number where I can get help? Thanks
Order Confirmation from RCM Plans

Curtis Walters

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.

Order Number: 6550
Date Ordered: Tuesday 05 March, 2013
Detailed Invoice:
https://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?m...&order_id=6550

Products

1 x MISS COSMIC WIND (pl-647) = $11.00

Sub-Total: $11.00
Plans folded in ENVELOPE (Best Way): $8.00
Total: $19.00

Billing Address

Payment Method

Credit Card
-
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
[email protected]

-
Copyright (c) 2013 RCM Plans.
This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:06 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCM Plans ???

I'll bet if you do a search over the last 5 years of RC Universe posts for "RCM Plans" in the title, you'll find about sixty (one a month) people who have waited 2 or 3 months before inquiring here. That's just the ones who post here.

Some get their plans after a few months. The majority never post again in that thread.

I don't know why anyone orders from this outfit.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 05-31-2013, 04:57 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Scar

I'll bet if you do a search over the last 5 years of RC Universe posts for ''RCM Plans'' in the title, you'll find about sixty (one a month) people who have waited 2 or 3 months before inquiring here. That's just the ones who post here.

Some get their plans after a few months. The majority never post again in that thread.

I don't know why anyone orders from this outfit.

Good luck,
Dave Olson

A little research goes a long way, for sure. http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid...w=1257&bih=665
Old 05-31-2013, 06:21 AM
KW_Counter

I hope you ordered with a credit card.
Call the bank and have them reverse the charges.
Don't wait to long.

I ordered from them and waited a month.
Started calling and e-mailing with no responses.
Called the bank and got my money back.

I feel sorry for all of the designers who aren't getting their royalties.

Good Luck,

KW_Counter
Old 05-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

6-8 weeks is pretty normal for them, why I haven't a clue but it has always been that way. Years ago they used to have a order phone number but these days all they seem to have is an email address? I agree, there are a ton of threads asking the same question but it's like no one ever bothers to check out a company before they order. You can talk to the bank or sit tight and wait until you get the plans in the mail, sort of like getting a surprise gift. I quit ordering from them and have had a lot better luck with Air Age aka Model Airplane News. Most big weekends Air Age will also have a big sale plus they have a phone number. If there is no phone number I don't order from them. That includes places like Hobby King.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 AM
1 Pitts Special 1

Thanks for your quick responses. I did exactly as you said, I called the bank an they just gave me a refund. If I had waited much longer there would not be much they could do. I called again today at the numbers on thw web site an no answer. Emails an calls with no response. I guess I can build something else, no problem, but I should have known better if the magazine is out of business the plans service is most likely in default too. I would really like to have about 5 more of those plans but no chance to get them now. Maybe someone has what I wanted an can get a copy or find them on ebay. All the best
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Gray Beard

I have always gotten the plans from RCM but they have never been in a hurry. You can go onto the AMA web site or Air Age and find most of what you are looking for. They will be different designers and be a bit different but the plans are out there. Last set I got from Air Age were CAD drawn, that was a first for me. Everything fits perfectly and no mods or changes are needed. All of the old plans are hand drawn, usually by Joe Demarco and require a bunch of changes and nothing fits. CAD makes building so much easier and I don't swear Joe up one side and down the other.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:06 PM
sterbejj

I ordered two plan sets from RCM Plans February 2013 and got a confirmation number for my order. In April I was able to actually chat with someone on the phone who promised that my plans would be in the mail by the end of that week, which would have been April 26th. Still have not received the plan sets. My letters to the Gold Beach, OR postal inspector and to the Chamber of Commerce have yielded no replies. I made two queries to the Oregon Department of Justice (Consumer Protection) and got case numbers but no apparent action after two months. Now, 6 months after placing the order by credit card, it is too late to recoup my payment from the credit card company. If a whole bunch of us filed compaints with the Oregon DOJ, maybe we could get some action. The link to the on-line complaint form is: https://justice.oregon.gov/forms/consumer_complaint.asp

V/r,
Casey Sterbenz
AMA 86189
Old 09-04-2013, 07:31 AM
oldbassard

I ordered the plans for a Cessna T-50 from RCM, it took about 6 months to get them, I had completly forgotten I ordered them by the time I got them. BUT, I am not sorry I waited. I think most people who order plans from them aren't in a big hurry. RCM has plans for models long discontinued or forgotten that you can't get anywhere else, if you want that model in particular RCM is the only place to get them. personally I appreciate what they do there.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 PM
sterbejj

Default RCM Plans - Still Waiting

Originally Posted by oldbassard
I ordered the plans for a Cessna T-50 from RCM, it took about 6 months to get them, I had completly forgotten I ordered them by the time I got them. BUT, I am not sorry I waited. I think most people who order plans from them aren't in a big hurry. RCM has plans for models long discontinued or forgotten that you can't get anywhere else, if you want that model in particular RCM is the only place to get them. personally I appreciate what they do there.
I still have not yet received the plan sets I ordered from RCM Plans 7 months ago (February 07, 2013), order #6484. I have had virtually no response from RCM Plans after many, many phone calls, e-mail requests for information about when I might expect to receive the plans I ordered, web site message requests I sent asking about the status of my order, and like that. I have had no response from the Oregon DOJ/internet Fraud group after filing complaints about this apparently fraudulent web site sales outlet. I am begining to wonder if the State of Oregon even exists since I have had no replies from anyone even remotely associated with RCM Plans (including the Oregon DOJ, the Gold Beach Chamber of Commerce, and the Gold Beach Postal Inspector) which uses a post office box in Gold Beach, Oregon. RCM Plans still has an active web presence, still maintains a toll free phone number, still accepts orders for which the credit card of the customer is charged, but apparently cares little about providing the products ordered by paying customers. What can be done to either get this business to operate as a business or to get them to shut down their web site and refund their (fradulent) recepits to the customers who would be interested in the products advertised by RCM Plans?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It's sad that RCM Plans Service has gotten to this point. They used to be great back when RCM Magazine was still being published. Even after the magazine went out of business they still kept the plans service running. I have ordered from the service many times after the magazine went out of business and always got my plans with no problems. Then when we started to see reports of people reporting slow service I called them and asked if they intended to keep the service running and they said they were going to. My thoughts were at the time that if they didn't want to keep it going that I would make an offer to buy the service. The plans that RCM owns are a huge resource in this hobby and I would hate to see those lost.

I imagine that this is more an issue of them simply not keeping up with the orders than it is a deliberate deception or rip-off. Hopefully somebody can get through to them to get something happening. I will try again to call them and see where they are now. Hopefully we can some resolution to those that have ordered plans and have not received them.

Ken
Old 09-18-2013, 07:42 AM
coffeemug
My Feedback: (6)

Hi all, I fell into this mess with RCM Plans recently and haven't been able to contact them. The toll free number 877-247-2290 when dialed gives a message saying that number is no longer in service. The email address [email protected] doesn't work and the non-toll number 541-247-2222 rings but no one answers.

It would seem from reading others postings in various forums that (If plans are still being sent out) they are fulfilling order #'s in the lower 6000's so there are a heck of a lot of folks ahead of me still waiting... Mine is Order Number 7035, Date Ordered: Saturday 14 September, 2013

Here is a telling post from a fellow named Brian on RC Groups who corresponded with the AMA and their reply, post #254 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=254
Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Gray Beard

That's a shame, I have had OK luck with RCM over the years but they were always very slow to deliver but quick to take your money.
I started using MAN some years ago, now Airage with much better luck.
It's a good idea to go onto sites like this and do a search before you place an order with anyone, I now make a call before I order just to make sure I can talk with a real live person before I order. There are real people at Airage and the AMA plans service. I don't even order from places like Hobby king unless it's something I don't really need and if I loose my money it's a small loss. They have no phone number, even in there US warehouse. After 30 days I contact my card holder. I have one credit card that I use for online ordering. It is only good for a max of $300.00. People don't know cards can have a very low limit on them instead of thousands. One card was once stolen and the thief tried to buy thousands on it and got a shock. Even my card holder got a laugh out of that.
Anyway, contact your card holder and they will take care of your RCM problem right away as long as you don't dink around too much.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 PM
SforSteve

Originally Posted by 1 Pitts Special 1
Has anyone ever ordered plans from RCM? I ordered a set of plans on March 5 an I have yet to receive them. I have written them twice. I have asked for mu money back an still no response. I dont know what to do. I guess I have just lost my money. Below I have shown my invoice without important info to prove my point. Can someone direct me to a person or number where I can get help? Thanks
Order Confirmation from RCM Plans

Curtis Walters

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.

Order Number: 6550
Date Ordered: Tuesday 05 March, 2013
Detailed Invoice:
https://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?m...&order_id=6550

Products

1 x MISS COSMIC WIND (pl-647) = $11.00

Sub-Total: $11.00
Plans folded in ENVELOPE (Best Way): $8.00
Total: $19.00

Billing Address

Payment Method

Credit Card
-
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
[email protected]

-
Copyright (c) 2013 RCM Plans.
This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.
As an Australian customer, I ordered and paid for plans from RCM plans as I have done over the last 10 years with no problems. These last plans were ordered in July 2013, after some 6 weeks I still had not received them, numerous emails to them raising this have gone unanswered. As a result of this and still no plans I contacted the American Better Business Bureau who took over inquiries on my behalf. RCM plans have refused to answer inquiries from this Bureau and I have been advised by them that I have probably lost my money. It is now November an still more emails to RCM Plans, still no replies (or plans).

I am posting this to bring to the attention of those who may consider buying plans from RCM Plans to contact them BEFORE making any payment. As an International customer I have no right of recourse and is too difficult for me to take any action. The whole experience has left me out of pocket monetarily and a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Gray Beard

As you can see in this thread RCM is no longer sending out plans, just taking money. Even state side there isn't much that can be done. The BBB is one of those organizations that has no teeth at all. Only thing they can do is warn people when they ask the BBB about members or complaints filed with them. Once you let them keep your money too long you can't even complain about it to your credit card company. This is your first post, welcome aboard!! If your going to mail order anything from any company relating to RC you should do a search first and on other RC sites. Airage/Model Airplane News plans service is very good and if there is a problem you can phone them. They do return your emails too but I have always had to phone them to get any problems straightened out. I get a lot of promises from them by email but it takes a phone call to really get anything done. Anyway, you got had by RCM!!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 PM
SforSteve

What I don't understand is RCM is still trading and taking money for orders it's not filling, I don't know what the law is in America but in Australia the ACCC would take out a Court order for them to cease trading forthwith, shutdown their website and begin prosecutions against it's owners/directors. If this has been going on for so long why hasn't some US Government Dept taken up the plight of the consumer. I've used Aireage /Model Airplane before but found their plans more expensive and postage rates to Australia not worth the investment, I now try to buy plans online as a pdf and get them scaled up/down printed at this end. Shame about RCM though they were once highly regarded among Aussie builders.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 AM
oldbassard

I am really sorry to think they have slid down the hill that bad. They had a lot of old cool plans
Old 11-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Gray Beard

It really is a shame, they have a lot of different plans to choose from. People in other countries think the U.S. states and governments are on the ball about this type of stuff. Wrong!!And when it comes to anything on the net it's even worse. They don't have a lot of control and it's such a small thing to them they don't bother.
Several times a year Airage has a half off sale. Someone usually posts it up here on RCU in kit building. That's when it's a good time to stock up on plans. Shipping out of country costs so much it's worth waiting for the sale and buying a lot of plans you may want in the future.
As someone new to RCU you were able to locate an old post so I know you understand the use of the search engine. Before you buy from anyone you should do a search and see what others think of the different on line sites.
Shipping, if I order even from Tower the cost if it comes from my in state warehouse is under 3 dollars but if it comes from there main warehouse in Chicago it is just under 10 dollars for small items. I know when I have to ship to OZ it seems like I'm buying the plane of ship it is being delivered on. I about fell over when I shipped something to the UK. Shipping from state to state here has really gotten expensive, out of country has gotten completely out of line. Shipping costs has taken away all the fun from mail order.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 AM
oldbassard

About 2 years ago, I ordered the plans for a Cessna T-50 from RCM, I had actually forgotten about ordering them. About 6 months after my initial order the plans showed up in the mail with an apology that they had been having problems with their plotting machine. (For those of you who may not know what a plotting machine is, it's a printer that prints large items such as these plans) At any rate, knowing a little about the machines, I am guessing theirs is out of date. A plotter is expensive and I'd bet RCM is waiting on parts. I realized after I received mine that I couldn't get the plan done anywhere else cheaper, if I'd already had them on a memory stick. I am betting they are just having problems with their equipment again. I am sure they would have no problem with order cancelations, just order a charge back on your cc.

One thing I forgot to mention, if they charge you before they send your order, that constitutes mail fraud. That means they've broken a federal law. Also before they sent mine, because of the time I had to wait, they called to make sure I still wanted them.

Last edited by oldbassard; 11-15-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: information
Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Gray Beard

If that was true then they wouldn't be taking the money or charging the credit cards. They could also post they are no longer taking orders until they can print and send the plans.
Answering there phone would also be a big step in customer relations. How much effort does it take to answer an email. I was a printer most of my life and when a machine went down the first thing to be done was to call in for service. There problems have been going on for a very long time. It isn't anything new and if they were on the up and up they wouldn't be charging people for services not rendered. If all else failed they could use a vender to print there plans until there machine was back in operation. There must be a lot more going on then just a machine being down. It would be nice to be able to speak with someone there about it. I used to phone in all my orders and the phones were picked up with a real person to speak to. You can file for a refund on your credit card but after a couple weeks the card company is helpless to do anything.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope that they are just having equipment problems and will be shipping out orders again. I checked the website and it appears to be kept up to date. All of the links work and it seems normal. But the time wait of people seems a bit much. However, if it is a part-time venture, it's no surprise that it takes forever to get something. It seems like in this hobby sometimes you have to wait a while. Glennis Wheels and Brakes and Iron Bay Models come to mind. Those two companies due however always get your order out eventually and the quality is very good.

I ordered a set of F-100 Super Sabre plans back in 1996 and received them quickly, but that was a long time ago when the magazine was still being published.

I hope that they aren't just taking people's money and not sending them the plans! That would be very sad. They have many years of great planes that I always wanted to build but "haven't gotten around to it!" That plans library is a sort of history or model aviation so to speak and would be terrible if it was gone forever.

Last edited by bchapman; 11-15-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added more information
Old 11-15-2013, 04:56 PM
oldbassard

They are charging for items not sent? Have these people making the orders checked their accounts to see the money was taken out? When I made my order I did check my account and they didn't take it out until they sent the plans.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:00 PM
coffeemug

Yep, your card will be charged within minutes.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:02 PM
oldbassard

You can always call your cc company and do a charge back. They have a certain amount of time to deliver the product. After so many chargebacks they won't be able to accept credit cards anymore
Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 PM
coffeemug

This whole thing has been discussed ad-nauseum at RCGroups for over a year now, the BBB and state of Oregon haven't done a thing about it. The last post was #354 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...757728&page=24

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.