Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Why Are People Mad

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Why Are People Mad

Old 06-09-2013, 03:06 PM
koastrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Are People Mad

I do so enjoy many topics on RCU. How often wonder why people get so upset and mad. Young folks are mad at old folks, old folks are mad at young folks. Scale builders get mad and upset at non scale builders. Glider guys get mad at 3-D guys and 3-D guys get mad at glider guys. Some people are mad at clubs and some are mad at the AMA and some get mad because some are mad at clubs and the AMA. Some are mad at people that use a instructor and some are mad at self taught. Electric guys get mad at fuel guys and fuel guys are mad at electric people. Nitro folks get mad at gas people and gas people are at times mad at Nitro. It seems like everyone gets mad at chopper guys.
Some place in the past fifty or so years I have flown these things I missed something. I enjoy this sport/hobby. I guess some are mad at me for calling it a sport and some are mad at me for calling it a hobby. I see conflicts come up in our own club and just have a hard time figuring out why. Why do people get so mad? Silly me, I just get out and fly and have a good time. I might be out of step some kind of way. I can't seem to find nothing to get mad about. Love flying these things, all of them.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:04 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default RE: Why Are People Mad

Like your post!!! Just fly and have some FUN is my Motto!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:17 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1

We have a rule at the club I attend.....if you are not having fun - go home
Old 06-09-2013, 06:53 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Koastrc,
You are absolutely correct. I don't understand some of the issues some people on these forums get so upset about. Heck, it's so bad newbies are apologizing for the questions before they even ask them.

For example, why is it a national disaster when someone post the same question in more than one thread. whats the big deal. If someone has read it in another thread and they feel this is a problem then they should just move on. Why chastise the guy for it?

Also, some questions can fall into many categories and the poster may not know which category is better.

IMO, If they don't have anything to politely contribute to the forum they should just be quiet.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"How often wonder why people get so upset and mad."

It's called passion.

Les
Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 AM
kwblake

A lot of people today, young, old, male, female, seem mad at the world. Drive your car.......... Did you get the finger?????? We all get mad at times, but I try to live by something.............."Will the World Explode?"

I try, but it doesn't always work. We are human!!!!!!!

Live, Love, Laugh.

Can't wait to see how bad I get flamed for this one...............
Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate to use this word, but some are just plain JEALOUS!

Certainly, on any given day, life and all, attitudes or feelings, can be up or down. We can forgive this.

But malice in behaviour because of jealously, is absolutely unforgiven. That type of behavior comes from sickos. And they are sick!

I've seen, experienced and dealt with plenty of it. It's kinda nice actually. Flattering.

"Never be jealous, you can do anything another man can do, it's a simple matter of wanting to."

Charles
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

if you want to see some hatefull replys go on youtube, i cant believe what peope say
Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 PM
huck1199

Close minded people think that what they do is the only way to do something.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:42 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well now I'm mad thinking about being mad <g>
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 PM
hookedonrc

If you want to see it first hand try being a club officer. Some of the biggest complainers do the least to make the club a nice friendly place to hang around at. Even at club events like fun fly's you can have your day ruined by some just wanting to make you listen to their beef.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Stick 40

Well , there are a lot of problems in this country.

People may vent on an unrelated topic, just because they can not vent on the real issue.

In my many years I have found that people , sometimes don't even know what they are really mad about. Just mad and your in the line of fire!

sticks

Old 06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

with these economic times , comes more stress
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
AwwNaww

From a forum perspective, I think that people have an opportunity to hide behind a keyboard and act in a fashion that they would never consider in person. Outside the forums, I think it is just "too many rats in the cage". The population in many developed countries is rising rapidly and opportunity declining. I have friends that really seem to define who they are by their hobbies. I guess that tells you what their life's work/family amounts to. At the end of the day, it is just a hobby. chill and care for that and those that really matter

good luck with that thought!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Stick 40

I agree with the "rats in a cage" issue, not enough jobs and too many rats.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:03 PM
bikerbc

I have often wondered the same thing.. There are some awfully rude people here on the universe at times.. It seems they are deliberately trying to provoke or hurt each other.. I have seen young folks come and ask a question and get flamed for there spelling and they never came back... That is awful...We are grownups ..I have even found myself responding in anger to some remark that has been directed at me and then caught myself and realized that person was having a bad day and I did not have to make it my bad day.. When somebody gets mad at you and starts in on you if you stand there smiling it really pisses them of so why not keep a happy attitude ..
Old 06-11-2013, 05:42 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

I think it is the nature of online forums. Other forums I frequent seem to be about the same. People say things they would never say in person. I don't know why.

On the other hand, the AMA group on RC Universe is about the worst behaved group I have seen anywhere.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: bikerbc

I have often wondered the same thing.. There are some awfully rude people here on the universe at times.. It seems they are deliberately trying to provoke or hurt each other.. I have seen young folks come and ask a question and get flamed for there spelling and they never came back... That is awful...We are grownups ..I have even found myself responding in anger to some remark that has been directed at me and then caught myself and realized that person was having a bad day and I did not have to make it my bad day.. When somebody gets mad at you and starts in on you if you stand there smiling it really pisses them of so why not keep a happy attitude ..
There is a lot of hurt and emptiness in peoples' lives and that is usually where anger comes from. Anger usually waits for a void to fill and quickly does so if allowed to. I go by this rule of thumb, "Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to wrath" and following along with that rule I add "A wise man welcomes reproof." These rules show me how much I can continue to learn as I grow older [8D]
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

We are humans, we make mistakes, learn from them and move forward. The reason people would not act in person as they do on line is simple, in person they are held accountable for their actions...

Bob
Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jesus said there would be days like this.Now don't get all mad about thisSomeone said earlier that it's called passion, but I say it's not passion when you attack people for having a different opinion, it's called being rude.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What can I say ? hum hum ? "oh" mad people can't seam to do anything right ( brain is jammed up, thought process is TU) and all they do is get madder, go to bet mad and get up mad and then show up on RCU and try to be the holey grail of RC so they can feel better only to get beat up by someone and made mad again. So whats the point of being mad in the first place, all it does is bite you in the butt.[>:][&o]

I think I'll go look for a mad guy and be real nice to him just so he will feel like a real butt head.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Chucksolo69

Why do people get mad here? Well, a number of things, but primarily, RCU is populated by a more "purist" and "old school' type of hobbyist than on most other sites. Case in point, take a look at the "Warbirds" section here on RCU. How many threads on foamies do you see? Practically none. So, when a newbie comes in asking questions on a foam RTF or ARF, the OP is usually discounted as insignificant or scoffed at or usually something short of riduculed. Admittedly though, some of the "old guard" is softening their stand on foam ARF and RTF kits. That being said, I enjoy RCU BECAUSE of the type of folks that gather here. I don't build, and ALL of my planes (15) are foamy ARFs, but I do like to hear about other people's builds and enjoy the photos. I guess my point is, that other sites like RC Groups embrace ALL types of hobbyists and their planes, as it should be.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM
KitBuilder

Technology... it's now easier than ever to post your thoughts.... and being able to post with no repurcussions. Think about.. 90% of what is typed these days would never be said face to face. Just easier to state opinions with no need of respect for the individual anymore. People lose sight of the fact that there is a person on the other end.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 AM
wickedpissa

What I do if I read a stupid post, I will reply with my comment and instead of hitting the submit button. I just hit the back button. Because somethings are better left unsaid:
Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 AM
wickedpissa

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

Why do people get mad here? Well, a number of things, but primarily, RCU is populated by a more "purist" and "old school' type of hobbyist thanon most other sites. Case in point, take a look at the "Warbirds" section here on RCU. How many threads on foamies do you see? Practically none. So, when a newbie comes in asking questions on a foam RTF or ARF, the OP is usually discounted as insignificant or scoffed at or usually something short of riduculed. Admittedly though, some of the "old guard" is softening their stand on foam ARF and RTF kits. That being said, I enjoy RCU BECAUSE of the type of folks that gather here. I don't build, and ALL of my planes (15) are foamy ARFs, but I do like to hear about other people's builds and enjoy the photos. I guess my point is, that other sites like RC Groups embrace ALL types of hobbyists and their planes, as it should be.
That is because RCU has WAY to many forums.

When you have question it might fall in 2,3 or more catagorys so you really don't know where to post and god forbid if you double post or post in the wrong forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.