Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

A new low from Hobby King

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

A new low from Hobby King

Old 06-15-2013, 08:05 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A new low from Hobby King

I myself see nothing wrong with it, I don't like it therefore I wont buy it or put it on any of my planes. If someone else does that's their choice. I think its funny and I don't think at all it represents me or my hobby. The guys you should be after are the crooks who rip us off for mail fraud, or those who cause a midair and say "my bad" then walk away. C'mon seriously, some of you are taking this way too far.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 PM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: predman

I myself see nothing wrong with it, I don't like it therefore I wont buy it or put it on any of my planes. If someone else does that's their choice. I think its funny and I don't think at all it represents me or my hobby. The guys you should be after are the crooks who rip us off for mail fraud, or those who cause a midair and say ''my bad'' then walk away. C'mon seriously, some of you are taking this way too far.

I'm in full agreement.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

If you are opposed to gay marriage ... well, don't get yourself one.

The idea that an inanimate piece of plastic could "cause offence", strikes me as irrational. Especially when you consider that all the "offensive connotations" exist only in the mind of the offended person.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not something I would buy or use but I'm sure that Hobby King appreciates all the free advertising this thread is providing for these products.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: bogbeagle

I'm in full agreement.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

If you are opposed to gay marriage ... well, don't get yourself one.

The idea that an inanimate piece of plastic could ''cause offence'', strikes me as irrational. Especially when you consider that all the ''offensive connotations'' exist only in the mind of the offended person.
This can be a problem even if only an object. The object itself is nothing more than an object yet it is often what is behind it that can become an issue. It is in our best interest to make sound judgment about such things.

How about an example of a young girl that has a T-shirt on that states, "Do Me" and wears it around the mall (This actually happened with a 13 year old child). Granted it is only an object, however what could be the outcome of such behaviour? What if some whacko predifile saw her? Easy target? The rest becomes a police report and her life suddenly becomes changed forever.

I don't think HK is any worse than anyone else. After all most of the stores we buy from support all kinds of filth and we rarely look into their business practices. We just buy without question.

I would not put the pilots in my planes. I respect HK's right to sell as they wish. I figure is someone puts those in their planes it is their right, yet it would make me question their motives.

If the object has a appearance of wrong and would harm my reputation or affect others in a negative way, I won't use it. To each his/her own.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:41 AM
Trisquire

ORIGINAL: t-max97

.............imagine some family comes to the field with little kids to look at the planes and all the pilots are flipping them off, They are never going to come back or start flying................
Its the little kids that are getting the biggest kick out of Major Bird. If they see something at the field that amuses them, they'll be more likely to get involved in the hobby.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

In this case it is most likely the mind set You dum f#$%ing Americans will buy th is and the reast of our junk.

Cheers bob T
Old 06-16-2013, 06:08 AM
jetmech05

Just don't buy one. I bet alot of folks here have waved the single finger greeting. I have.
Alert your club members if you must that these pilots will not be tolerated. But you can't regulate morality any more than you can safety
Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 AM
redbiscuits

If it floats your boat, I don't see anything wrong with it. Not that I'm going to stick one in my plane, but if that's what you want go for it, who cares.

Now, what does offend me is the people out there that get so "offended" by everything. Since when does everybody out there have to be so "offended"?

We've become a nation of "victims" that always has to be offended at something.
Bunch of crybabies, shame on you.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:40 AM
Wildmann
My Feedback: (3)

Video is awesome I would Like to add this in my years of being in this wonder full and rewarding hobby. I have seen and heard my share of crap from having some one yell at me because I had a shwastika on my storch and he was offended and wanted me to remove it. To you name it. I would say these kind words don't buy the product if it offends you . And go fly enjoy the good that we have in this hobby.. .
Old 06-16-2013, 06:44 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I am more bothered they have some (poorly made) knockoffs of the Iron Aces pilots. Iron Aces is a great company and I think the product is worth every penny.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 AM
rt3232

I am not offended by it it is just more of there JUNK.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Bottom line: Whether it's a stupid pilot flipping the bird, or a nicely made engine, STOP BUYING CHINESE STUFF. The job you save may be your own.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

I highly doubt your place is free of Chinese merchandise.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 AM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It’s probably also got traces of asbestos, lead, arsenic, cyanide, and hydrogenated vegetable oil…does that mean we should go and get more?
When you purchase a DLE instead of a DA, or a Harbor Freight dime store drill instead of a Craftsman or DeWalt, or a plastic Chinese pilot, you (we) continue to profoundly damage our economy. Your response (like mine above) is a non-sequitur that fails to address the 800-pound gorilla.

This problem will NOT be fixed from the top down. WE must simply say NO to the container ships coming into port 'round the clock from the Far East...
Old 06-16-2013, 08:15 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: RichardGee

Bottom line: Whether it's a stupid pilot flipping the bird, or a nicely made engine, STOP BUYING CHINESE STUFF. The job you save may be your own.
While this sounds nice, it is just not possible. But, It is possible to not buy from Hobby King. I personally wish they would just go away. I do not shop there.

Funny, if you look in the engine forums, DLE has a thread about copies of their engines. HK is just the company that sells these kinds of items. It is as if they (the chinese companies) are feeding off of each other! lol
Old 06-16-2013, 08:25 AM
JKinTX

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: RichardGee

While this sounds nice, it is just not possible. But, It is possible to not buy from Hobby King. I personally wish they would just go away. I do not shop there.

Funny, if you look in the engine forums, DLE has a thread about copies of their engines. HK is just the company that sells these kinds of items. It is as if they (the chinese companies) are feeding off of each other! lol

And they use your money to do it. Americans have a short memory; you had a bunch of troopies get shot up fighting these guys in Korea, then you turn around and grant them most favored nation trade status- whose fault is that?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:16 AM
rt3232

+ 1

On the outher hand we/our gov should never have barrowed the amount of money from them in the first place, and we/us will have to pay the piper in the near futher, a realy bad thing to leave for my/our grand kids
Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 AM
The Violets

Times sure are a changing, just turn on th boob tube (oops I sound like my father, God rest his soul).

Michael
Old 06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
okdreamin
My Feedback: (9)

Looks more like a gimic to me.   Most rc flyers wouldn't dare installing the finger.  But to some.  flying is a much needed stress relief.   I was in the medical field for yrs., after  a very tramatic shift,  Some badly needed wind therapy is just the ticket. I can see how a finger flying by would put a smile on your face.  But it definitely would not be appriopriate  for most days at the field. 

Just Saying

Old 06-16-2013, 04:28 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

This thread is ridicoulus and the thread starter must have lived a very sheltered "always hold mommy's hand" type of live.

Let them make whatever pilots they want, this is nothing compared to the TRUCK NUTS sold in so many hobby stores:

what happened to you when you saw these?[&:]

Old 06-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Disco, I see those on the back of full size vehicles all day long. Have even seen a set on a golf cart or two at events I've been to. I wouldn't put them on my vehicles, but they don't offend me. Same with these pilots. I won't put one in any of my planes but I might just order one or two to put on the shelf in my workshop and laugh at. But then, everyone's different.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 PM
SeaJay

I am in total agreement dis like of the pilots with the middle finger extended, however I do like the Lt. Col. with the thumbs up, would look pretty cool in my king cobra.

Craig.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:20 PM
w9jcm
My Feedback: (2)

Sad days indeed. Please do not support these people and buy from good US Venders. I would love to start a anything Not from China R/C website.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Nitro Blast

Have any of you guys seen the 'new' pilots from HK? Am I the only one offended?

Is this really how we want to portray ourselves and our hobby? On Facebook, 500+ likes. That to me is very, very sad.

Its bad enough when folks have such intolerance that they instantly give the single finger salute on the roads, but now in the skies via models? Truly a sad day in my opinion when something like that is so grossly popular.

I'd post the photo if I didnt feel it so offensive... so you are on your own to find it and comment.

Hobby King Facebook page has it.
Yes, I think you are the only one who is offended...

Sure, its not politically correct.. but it is realistic...

I have seen DOZENSof real pilots do this GESTURE many times to ground crew they are "familiar with" or "friends with" during start up / shutdown / marshalling etc..

I have flown in multi ship formations where all pilots did it simultaneously to the leader... no harm no foul.. just a bit of fun...

Kudos to Hobbyking for the humour and making some "REALISTIC" pilots for the planes...

PS..I am sure Hobbyking appreciates the free advertising generated by this and similar posts...

Phineas T Barnum - There is no such thing as bad publicity!

Oscar Wilde - The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about...

If you really dislike Hobbyking then don't say a single word about them....

This thread is #2 on RCU right now and probably generated a bunch of sales for HK...

Old 06-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: redbiscuits

If it floats your boat, I don't see anything wrong with it. Not that I'm going to stick one in my plane, but if that's what you want go for it, who cares.

Now, what does offend me is the people out there that get so "offended" by everything. Since when does everybody out there have to be so "offended"?

We've become a nation of "victims" that always has to be offended at something.
Bunch of crybabies, shame on you.
Well said.. +5

you took the words right out of my mouth..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.