Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

A new low from Hobby King

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

A new low from Hobby King

Old 06-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new low from Hobby King

ORIGINAL: rt3232

I am not offended by it it is just more of there JUNK.
"Their"

Spelling mistakes make you look simple.. and I'm sure you are not....

Old 06-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetmech05

... that these pilots will not be tolerated....
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

Kurt
Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
byrne1157

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Struck me as funny but I don't see myself as ever needing to do that to anyone these days. I wouldn't use one of those anymore then installing some stupid looking doll or cartoon character in one of my planes. I work too hard building them to cheapen one.
Agree totally here. I would rather leave the cockpit empty than have some stuffed animal or silly doll in there. In fact I have as there was nothing suitable for what I needed.

Thankfully companies like Best Pilots and Aces of Iron have really given us some great products.

I personally will not buy anything from HK. Kind of funny, I know some club members that look to them for everything. Even had someone brag to me about some super cheap TX they bought from them! Seriously? No way, never.
Just wanted to let you know that I did buy one of those "cheap" tx's from hk, and have never had a problem with it, range checks 2 miles. I bet some people wish the other "high dollar" manufacturers would get their prices in line...
Old 06-17-2013, 02:15 AM
nezk69

Moaning old farts, must be a right laugh at therer flying clubs moaning about a figure, FFS!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: byrne1157

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Struck me as funny but I don't see myself as ever needing to do that to anyone these days. I wouldn't use one of those anymore then installing some stupid looking doll or cartoon character in one of my planes. I work too hard building them to cheapen one.
Agree totally here. I would rather leave the cockpit empty than have some stuffed animal or silly doll in there. In fact I have as there was nothing suitable for what I needed.

Thankfully companies like Best Pilots and Aces of Iron have really given us some great products.

I personally will not buy anything from HK. Kind of funny, I know some club members that look to them for everything. Even had someone brag to me about some super cheap TX they bought from them! Seriously? No way, never.
Just wanted to let you know that I did buy one of those "cheap" tx's from hk, and have never had a problem with it, range checks 2 miles. I bet some people wish the other "high dollar" manufacturers would get their prices in line...
I think the argument not to buy from hobbyking due quality is getting old these days.. There are thousands of people out there having great time in this Hobby thanks to Hobbyking.

I have a $69 Hobbyking helicopter with over 1500 flights, never had an issue.. I prefer it to my $800 Gaui..

One thing I know for sure.. ten times the price does not equal ten times better quality.. the quality difference in the two helis is about 10%. and that 10% doesn't affect the flyability or reliability in ANY way..

Over 135 seperate orders from Hobbyking and everything arrived perfectly and works great..

If people want to spend ten times more money to get essentially the same enjoyment from this hobby I won't stop them...

Old 06-17-2013, 05:41 AM
toolmaker7341

Thanks Nitro ordered one today.Never would have known about it until you brought it to our attention.

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Nitro Blast

Have any of you guys seen the 'new' pilots from HK? Am I the only one offended?

Is this really how we want to portray ourselves and our hobby? On Facebook, 500+ likes. That to me is very, very sad.

Its bad enough when folks have such intolerance that they instantly give the single finger salute on the roads, but now in the skies via models? Truly a sad day in my opinion when something like that is so grossly popular.

I'd post the photo if I didnt feel it so offensive... so you are on your own to find it and comment.

Hobby King Facebook page has it.
Yes, I think you are the only one who is offended...

Sure, its not politically correct.. but it is realistic...

I have seen DOZENS of real pilots do this GESTURE many times to ground crew they are ''familiar with'' or ''friends with'' during start up / shutdown / marshalling etc..

I have flown in multi ship formations where all pilots did it simultaneously to the leader... no harm no foul.. just a bit of fun...

Kudos to Hobbyking for the humour and making some ''REALISTIC'' pilots for the planes...

PS.. I am sure Hobbyking appreciates the free advertising generated by this and similar posts...

Phineas T Barnum - There is no such thing as bad publicity!

Oscar Wilde - The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about...

If you really dislike Hobbyking then don't say a single word about them....

___________________This thread is #2 on RCU right now and probably generated a bunch of sales for HK...____________________________

Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Chucksolo69

One of my flying buddies just finished putting together his E-Flight Beechcraft Bonanaza with a V-Tail. He installed an HK "buxom" blonde pilot and a little "Snoopy" dog next to her. We ALL got a kick out of his choice of pilot figures.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
tryingagain

The Chinese are obviously aware of what flows in and out of North America passing for entertainment and recreation. I imagine they are suprised there is anyone left here that could possibly be offended by their products. We dig our own graves and are then shocked when someone comes along and throws us in! If they bother you, by all means stick to your convictions and avoid these items. That is known as integrity. However, it is hard to judge those who find this desirable and humourous when it has become so widely accepted.

Cheers

Gord
Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 AM
iflyg450

Do worry its a Hobby King product, the finger will fall off on the first flight.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM
perreback

ORIGINAL: iflyg450

Do worry its a Hobby King product, the finger will fall off on the first flight.
Good one.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM
iflyg450

After it falls off people will order a new one and that one will fall off as well. After buying at leat 10 replacement pilots they will come on RCU and post Hobby King stinks.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

She looks cold from the looks of her blouse [X(]
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 AM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: TFF

Old order being redefined by the new order. RC is becoming a consumer product from a hobby. All about money; the people who care like me are becoming a minority.
Roger that...I am in the same boat. I think I am referred to as an RC Dinosaur[X(]. I like to build more than fly, and do not see ARF'ing as a modeling experience.

Jeff
Old 06-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought ARF's were for flying, not building? Why would a "builder" knock a "flyer"? Maybe when I get older I will see the reason for the resentment.

Kurt
Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bozarth

I thought ARF's were for flying, not building? Why would a ''builder'' knock a ''flyer''? Maybe when I get older I will see the reason for the resentment.

Kurt
I am curious why that is as well. Ok, I am an ARF'er and I love it I have little desire to build since flying is my passion. Do I need to join some detox group now called Airplanes Anonymous and get therapy
Old 06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
kwblake

Roger that...I am in the same boat. I think I am referred to as an RC Dinosaur[X(]. I like to build more than fly, and do not see ARF'ing as a modeling experience.

Ok. So, I guess I am missing something here. What does an ARF have to do with a pilot figure that some people find offensive??????? Does this ARF bashing never stop???????????? Some of you should work for a political party......SPIN DOCTORS.............AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Rob2160

I thought ARF's were for flying, not building? Why would a "builder" knock a "flyer"? Maybe when I get older I will see the reason for the resentment.

Kurt
Don't know if it is resentment or just plain old bigotry.

Knocking the "Flyers" is just as silly as a piano maker "knocking" a piano player. You don't have to build the piano to become a master player.

You don't have to build your aircraft to become a skillful pilot.. anyone who says otherwise is just full of baloney..

Take a leaf from the real world and how many professional pilots also build the aircraft that they fly???

I truly admire those who can build beautiful aircraft from scratch and appreciate it must give them wonderful satisfaction to see their creation fly... But I'm not in this hobby to build.. I just love to fly..

This hobby is different things to different people and we should encourage all people instead of knocking each other..

Old 06-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob, as usual, very well put
Old 06-18-2013, 04:42 AM
oliveDrab

ORIGINAL: Rocketman612

She looks cold from the looks of her blouse [X(]
Dang it! I was gonna say that but you beat me to it.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:47 AM
oliveDrab

I thought ARF's were for flying, not building? Why would a ''builder'' knock a ''flyer''? Maybe when I get older I will see the reason for the resentment.

Kurt
....because a builder wishes he had the energy to get off his fat *****, put his sparkly new plane in his truck, drive to the airfield, and risk getting dirt on it or worse.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 AM
koastrc

After going over this thread I was amused by the dude that suggest the OP had a sheltered life and had momma hold his hand through life. I feel offended and momma dressed me funny for 25 years or so. Pants, shirt, boots, basket weave belt, with a basket weave belt on the first, and decorations all over my shirt. Oh yea on the outer basket weave belt there was pouches and a large pouch to hold a large piece of metal. The first piece of metal was a model 19, later a model 66, then a 1911 stainless, and last was a strange looking 40.
Of all the things I enjoy about RCU. Comments from the dude saying a person held their mothers hand in a way that is offensive is offensive. None of us are real crazy about Hobby King. However business is business. They think this will help their business in some sort of way. Well it killed any business I will ever do with them. I find it offensive and I would not care for my mother to see one of my planes with the figure in it. Even if she dressed me funny for over twenty-five years,
Have a nice Day.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Personally I wouldn't use a pilot like those 2 giving the one finger salute, but if someone uses one in his plane it wouldn't bother me enough to condemn him/her. 'What bothers me more is we can't ever have a discussion on these boards any longer without the thread getting hateful, rude and derogatory,

Those dopey pilots aren't going to stop anyone from doing business with HK, if that is your stated reason, you probably weren't going to shop there anyway,, Nice to live in a world where we can make free choices, isn't it.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: koastrc

After going over this thread I was amused by the dude that suggest the OP had a sheltered life and had momma hold his hand through life. I feel offended and momma dressed me funny for 25 years or so. Pants, shirt, boots, basket weave belt, with a basket weave belt on the first, and decorations all over my shirt. Oh yea on the outer basket weave belt there was pouches and a large pouch to hold a large piece of metal. The first piece of metal was a model 19, later a model 66, then a 1911 stainless, and last was a strange looking 40.
Of all the things I enjoy about RCU. Comments from the dude saying a person held their mothers hand in a way that is offensive is offensive. None of us are real crazy about Hobby King. However business is business. They think this will help their business in some sort of way. Well it killed any business I will ever do with them. I find it offensive and I would not care for my mother to see one of my planes with the figure in it. Even if she dressed me funny for over twenty-five years,
Have a nice Day.
Fair comment and you are entitled to your opinion. But wrong on one point.. I know at least 3 people here who LOVE Hobbyking and will be eternally grateful to them...

I would never have started with 450 size helis if I had to pay $500 + for a Brand name heli kit, then risk crashing it while learning..

Thanks to Hobbyking I now have 12 perfectly reliable helis that all fly regularly and have been absolutely flawless from their first flight. Some of them are approaching 3 years and well over 1000 flights..

Average kit price around $60

Thanks to these inexpensive kits I progressed to the point where I was happy to invest in more expensive helis (2 x 550 size Gauis).. so the argument that HK kills business for the brand names is simply not true.. Without HK I would never have bought the Gauis.

Don't buy from HK if you don't like them.. I will because I think they are great.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 AM
gizmega
My Feedback: (84)

Our hobby is one of the last hold-outs on just having clean fun, and the "age of innocence". Plenty of garbage out there without us gluing it in the cockpits of our airplanes for all to see. (:
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.