Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Yellow or Red

Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's more about contrast than color. I'm not sure I'd like the yellow - far away the yellow and white can blend together and it gets tough to tell the orientation of the plane. I agree red can get dark, but you've got the white on the wings and white and black bottoms. I'd probably go with the red and add a little more white to it.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not read all the posts so this may be a repeat.... It's all about contrast. Red is a "dark" color and yellow is a "light" color. I usually like light colors on top and dark on the bottom. Now with that said I also like light on the bottom to off set the dark. Use large patches of light and dark. Most checker board merges to one color in the sky. There was a good article about this someplace. Maybe here on RCU or maybe another forum or even on the interweb???? Maybe Google will be your friend on this.

Ken
Old 08-15-2013, 10:50 AM
delateurj

I find it depends on the lighting conditions you fly in. If you tend to have light beyond you with little reflected light in front of you (i.e. clear sky), yellow is better as it reflects the light. If light is in front of you or there is a lot of reflected light (clouds), then Red shows up better. Of those 2 designs, I'd go Red White as the white will show well in the former case and red in the latter. My pylon planes are red and yellow for this reason.

For what its worth.

- Joe.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:05 AM
kraldmark

Yellow may be better.