Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Battery switch in plane with LED goes crazy ???? Has anyone seen this before ??

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Battery switch in plane with LED goes crazy ???? Has anyone seen this before ??

Old 08-14-2013, 04:13 PM
gbfan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need electronic tech here

Hi Guys I guess I never noticed this before. When I insert my hobbico digital voltmeter
(model MK # 3) to my plane like everyone does. I get a good voltage reading with the meter
in the no load position. 6.45 volts ok... Now, when I try to put a load to it the LED starts
to flicker and the servos try to move and voltage drops bad. Ok Now I go directly to the battery and above 6
volts under load no problem. I tried a different switch and the same result. led goes crazy under load ..

When I insert it to my other plane with no led on the switch I get a proper under load voltage reading

Now I am
sure there is a problem here or not. Has anyone seen this.
Am I not able to get a under load voltage reading with this LED switch?
6 volt NiCad batteries by the way
Please read down more as I did some more testing
Thanks David

Last edited by gbfan; 08-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:47 PM
gbfan

I am not sure if the batteries are losing voltage on their own but I installed a new switch ?? I had the led still going crazy. I am worried about why the led goes crazy
and why I cant put the system under load ???
Old 08-14-2013, 06:02 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

What brand of switch is it? If it's a cheap('err ....inexpensive) chicom switch , I would suspect the switch. Possibly sloppy workmanship/wiring inside and/or a bad batch of switches if you bought them at the same time.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 PM
gbfan

Its not the switch. I did a copy set up with all different components!!
Different batteries, different switch, and different receiver and it worked fine under load .
Led did not flicker and I got a under load voltage reading. So it is not my hobbieco digital tester
It has something to do with the receiver. When I try just using the radio to operate everything seems fine???
Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I don't know.
You are not giving anyone much information to work with. You think now it's the receiver but you don't say what brand and model receiver it is and what radio.
You were asked what brand of switch it is and you didn't answer that question. I'm sure folks would like to help but it's difficult with no specific info to go on.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:05 PM
gbfan

Ok I did not say what switch it was because I don't know. It doesnot matter what kind of switch because the problem is the same
when I install a new switch. What are the olds of many bad switches. They are two different brand switches. The leds on both switches act crazy under load !Both have leds Futaba Skysport 6 radio
and a Futaba fpr1270f receiver . I am testing the battery under load with the switch in the off position.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:40 PM
gbfan

Problem Solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Somehow I was putting the volt meter plug in the plane Up side down (backwards if you prefer) after
I turned right it gave me a good reading and it does it over and over I guess the tab that is supposed to keep it from entering the hole
backwards must be worn out or broken. Time for a new plug on my meter and maybe stronger glasses hehehehehe