Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Flyhobbies.com

Old 09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
DaveB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyhobbies.com

Does anyone know the status of Flyhobbies.com? I placed an order more than a week ago and did receive an immediate confirmation, but nothing since. I have called, e-mailed and no response. My credit card has not been charged, but at this point I am wondering if they are still in business. Comments appreciated.

DaveB
Old 12-05-2018, 08:52 PM
dtarking

did this ever get answered? their website is still up, but if I add items to the cart there is no way to check out, none of the transaction buttons work. contacting them has gone nowhere either.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:32 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dtarking
did this ever get answered? their website is still up, but if I add items to the cart there is no way to check out, none of the transaction buttons work. contacting them has gone nowhere either.
This should tell you something.

If it were me, I'd spend my hard earned money at a dealer with a reputable history, not a company that few have heard of.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:33 AM
dtarking

Thanks for the reply...Agreed. its unfortunate since they seemed to be the only place with Solartex in stock, too good to be true I guess. I've never covered with fabric before and looking to try it on a Tiger Moth I'm working on. Will have to keep researching on alternatives...
Old 12-07-2018, 05:14 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dtarking
Thanks for the reply...Agreed. its unfortunate since they seemed to be the only place with Solartex in stock, too good to be true I guess. I've never covered with fabric before and looking to try it on a Tiger Moth I'm working on. Will have to keep researching on alternatives...
Solartex frequently shows up on the secondary market. If vigilante, you can find some.

There's been some Super Coverite for sale, too. Just have your $$$ ready, and make the purchase immediately when you see either product.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on the size of the model, I like Sig Koverall.

Koverall

You'll also need their Sig Stix-It covering adhesive.

Stix-It
Old 12-11-2018, 01:43 PM
dtarking

Thanks all, I'll try the coverall-stix-it approach and see how it goes...