Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DLE 30cc

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:28 PM
leebrewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 30cc

I have a DLE 30cc gas engine, I have not started this in 6 mo or so. Can't seem to get gas to carburetor. Do I need to replace diaphragm in carb or is this a filter problem? any help out there. Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:05 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a similar problem just yesterday - after a new ring and cylinder was installed, I couldn't get it to fire (no gas) even with a starter!

We ended up pouring some fuel directly into the carb and had to do that a couple of times before it would fire. After some adjusting of the needles and refueling...it wouldn't start by hand propping so I had to rely on a starter (I hate to do that!)....but once running, ran great! Hope yours starts today.

Jerry
Old 10-20-2013, 04:50 PM
jetmech05

Sounds like the reeds are dry. shoot some gas in the carb while the throttle is wide open until the reeds get wet and start to suck gas on their own
Old 10-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jetmech05
Sounds like the reeds are dry. shoot some gas in the carb while the throttle is wide open until the reeds get wet and start to suck gas on their own
Might help to remove the carb and reed box and resurface the box to get a better seal, a lot of these engines are hard to start because of rough surface on the box creating a poor seal.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 AM
TPerk
My Feedback: (1)

I have a DLE 30cc and I seem to need to replace the carb about ever 6 months, I am using regular gas that has ethanol in it, has any ells been having this problem using regular gas with ethanol? also I was flying and the engine started to pulse at half to full throttle. I again replaced the carb and it was still pulsating, I check the spark with a tester I have and that seemed good, so the only thing I could think of was the reed valves. I order a new reed valves with the mounting block, installed it and the engine seemed great. well after a few flight the pulse cam back. I checked the reed valve again and I can see that one valve seems to have a very small gap on one side only. should a very small gap on one of the valve be a problem? Looking at the reed valve block one can see where the oil on the reed valve seems to seal to the block but the other one I could not see the oil sealing the valve to the block. any one have any ideas. Thank you T Perk
Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 AM
grosbeak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TPerk
I have a DLE 30cc and I seem to need to replace the carb about ever 6 months, I am using regular gas that has ethanol in it, has any ells been having this problem using regular gas with ethanol? also I was flying and the engine started to pulse at half to full throttle. I again replaced the carb and it was still pulsating, I check the spark with a tester I have and that seemed good, so the only thing I could think of was the reed valves. I order a new reed valves with the mounting block, installed it and the engine seemed great. well after a few flight the pulse cam back. I checked the reed valve again and I can see that one valve seems to have a very small gap on one side only. should a very small gap on one of the valve be a problem? Looking at the reed valve block one can see where the oil on the reed valve seems to seal to the block but the other one I could not see the oil sealing the valve to the block. any one have any ideas. Thank you T Perk
As Leroy suggested it might help to lap the reed block and carb mating surfaces. I've done it for my DLE 20 - here's the write up.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:17 PM
my05monte

Very informative how-to article. Thank you for posting
Old 07-08-2014, 04:17 AM
aframe2
My Feedback: (5)

I had the same problem just a month ago. One day I go to the field and the engine runs fine. The next
time I went I couldn't get gas to the carb. I bought a carb repair kit,(wat k-10 repair kit), changed the diaphragm,
needle valve and a couple of other things, carb works fine now. Don't know for how long, but it runs like new. Aframe2
Old 07-08-2014, 04:39 AM
TPerk
My Feedback: (1)

I have had to replace the carb a three times I tried to rebuilt one, but I still could not get it to work, better to just buy one for $35.00. Well the problem with the engine pulsing was not the carb, it was the five cell battery that I was using with a BEC. I found that after I was running the engine for about 6 mIn the battery voltage was dropping down to about 3 volts and then coming back up a little bit and the engine would keep running but with a pulsing on and off. That was the only plane that I had not change the battery over to a lipo with a castle BEC. It seems to me that the Castle BEC under 3 volts cuts off and on. I no longer use Nih batteries on any thing, the cells go bad way to often. As of right now the engine is running well.