Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pattern vs. sport propellers

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pattern vs. sport propellers

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 06:59 AM
RANGER61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pattern vs. sport propellers

Hello Everybody, I am fairly new to the hobby...3 yrs. I just bought my third plane. It's the Escapade 61. I also bought a O.S.fs 120 se to power it. The manual says 13x11-12,14x10,11 15x8 and a 16x6-7. After some research here on RCU I have seen a lean towards a 15x8 for breaking in the engine (which I have not done yet). the problem that I have run into is APC The props I use....only come in a 15x8 pattern prop. What's the difference between the sport prop and the pattern prop?
Any one who could please answer the for me I would be very thankful. I am about to order from Tower hobbies and I really don't want to make the wrong choice( also since I will buying a handful of them. My two other planes are the Avistar 46 with a O.S. 46ax..with flaps....sweet. and also a Pulse xt 60 with a O.S. 75ax. It has been my favorite plane. But Iam sure my new escapade with my new o.s. 120 strokes will be a blast too.
Thanks for any thoughts and explanations on the issue

Ranger 61

nn
Old 12-28-2013, 08:04 AM
mvallyman
My Feedback: (32)

I have always used APC props and ran into the same issue you have found being its the only one they offer in certain sizes. Sometimes I noticed the shape of the blade a little different on the pattern prop but found no difference or any suprizes using them. I just learned to ignore the word "pattern" and bought the prop for the size I wanted.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:02 AM
RANGER61

Originally Posted by mvallyman
I have always used APC props and ran into the same issue you have found being its the only one they offer in certain sizes. Sometimes I noticed the shape of the blade a little different on the pattern prop but found no difference or any suprizes using them. I just learned to ignore the word "pattern" and bought the prop for the size I wanted.
Mvallyman, thanks for your fast response. You said just what I hoped to hear. A friend at the club who has many four stroke FS 120,s said he uses 16x6,s on all of them and loves them all.....seemed kinda large to me but after he also told me how well the plane breaks for landing that was a big plus. So I bought a few, I wonder if they will be okay for engine run-in though