Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hobbyking trainstar tough electric problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hobbyking trainstar tough electric problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 01:46 AM
The trainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I Will but A new reciever and transmitter for it, any good tips?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much do you want to spend? You can get a low end basic TX/RX from the link I gave earlier for around $40.00 and the prices go up based on features and different manufacturers and models . A better transmitter would be a "computer" model that has a display and memory to store different planes.
As stated you need to decide if you just want a replacement transmitter/receiver for this plane or do you want something for the future to add additional planes.
Tactic makes a decent 6 channel computer transmitter for around $150.00 and the receivers are $20.00
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...ctic&search=Go
Old 01-11-2014, 07:34 AM
The trainer

I think I would just need a replacement. I checked on that Link you gave me and I think I might get something from there. Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I've run across a couple of Airtronics RDS8000 radios on here priced pretty well. It's a pretty capable radio and well made. A lot of the decision hinges on what you plan to do in the hobby. If the "bind and fly" park flyers are your thing, you'll need to buy something made by Spektrum or JR (same 2.4 protocol). If it's the cheaper "transmitter ready" planes then you'll need a Tactic radio. If neither, meaning you plan to buy receivers and install them yourself, I think the Airtronics and Hitec are a better value. The reason I mention the planes that have receivers mounted in them at the factory is that some models aren't available any other way. The ultra micro ones are a case in point, as the receiver is part of a big circuit board that also includes the servos.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:03 AM
The trainer

Do you have any other good suggestions for a cheap reciever and radio? That site you linked didnt shop to Sweden . They hade some great prices there.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:48 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That info would have been good to know several days ago !