Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Solo MKII kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Silver Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo MKII kit

I was recently given an old kit by a friend called the SOLO MKII, a 20-40 size 51" span 41" length Trainer/Sport model made by the Solution Aeromodeling Company of Albuquerque N.M.. Looks to be a nice model with a fully semetrical wing. Just curious if any one remembers it and when it was made?
Thanks.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A picture would help.

But I think it was kitted around 1968-69. Is it a high wing tail dragger, with a double curve in the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 PM
lawrence b

Silver flyer,
You have a kit that was made by a good friend of mine, Stan Johnson out in Albuquerque NM. He and I still E-mail back and forth several times a month. he produced the kits starting in the mid 70's and sold them for several years. They are a good flying sport model and make a great weekend fun flyer. Does your kit have a cardboard tube for the wing spar? Stan's early generation kits used a tube spar and he found that it would twist as the conditions changed so he did away with that idea.
Man that brings back some memories!
Larry B

Last edited by lawrence b; 02-06-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Silver Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for your response, Larry B and High Plains. It's good to know that the designer is still alive and well (I hope). I haven't taken the wood out of the box yet only the plans and instructions. It sure looks to be in excellant condition for it's age, plastic packages still sealed with parts looking good.Seems to be a little bit of a different build from the norm and I look forward to building it later on when it warms up a little here in south Georgia. Have made a picture of box Picture of KIT SOLO MKII

Thanks again, Larry and High Plains
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3934.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1966266  
Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oops, that not the airplane I was thinking of. But it looks like a good one.