Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Cheap and good radio and reciever

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cheap and good radio and reciever

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:05 AM
The trainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap and good radio and reciever

Hi, Im looking for a good and pretty cheap radio+ reciever. I dont want a advanced computer radio, I want a simple 6ch radio+reciever. The site also need to be able to ship to Sweden .
Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 AM
KW_Counter

Hobby King - The Orange ones.

Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 01-12-2014, 08:49 AM
The trainer

Do you medan hobbykings own radios or the bright orange that you almost see through?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:00 AM
jetmech05

No such thing as cheap and good...... Basic economics... If it's cheap and fast it won't be good. If it's fast and good it won't be cheap....and there is no cheap and good.
Tower hobby ships around the world get any name brand radio you'll be ok
Old 01-12-2014, 11:14 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well in your other thread you already got burned by HK with the plane you bought and the junk radio system they sent with it. If you want to see if they will do it again with a new transmitter/receiver that's up to you.
Tower has a 5 channel Hitec that will work:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7p?CATEGORY=JG

Ebay has more:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FlySky-2-4Ghz-9CH-RC-Transmitter-TH9X-R8B-Receiver-Module-Mode-2-9x-turnig/191031327624?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2c7a5abb88

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Helicop...61372719717%26

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Futaba-7C-...item35d0922246

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 01-12-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:25 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Computer radios aren't considered advanced anymore. They are considered practical and useful for guys that want their planes to perform well and want to fly multiple planes with the same transmitter. Unless you only plan to fly that one plane that you have, get something with basic computer functions so you don't have to buy another radio as soon as you expand your collection. The Hitec Optic 6 is a good choice, as is the Airtronics RDS8000.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 AM
bikerbc

I agree That there is no such thing as cheap and good .. I think also that is the worst place to cheap out on . This is your decision though .Have you thought of going used ? Often you can find some pretty good deals .
Old 01-13-2014, 06:15 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Sometimes used gets a you a good deal on a radio. Other times it gets you somebody else's problems. The big question on used radio gear is how good the batteries are. If you're saving $50 on a radio and receiver but the transmitter battery is shot, then you're going to be out $30-$40 more on a good battery for it. Not exactly a bargain IMO.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 AM
The trainer

Ok, thanks everybody
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As already mentioned by many of the responders above first and formost: they are all advanced anymore and that includes the cheapies. The cheapest line of radio systems that I ever recommend are Tactic. If you can acecpt the best line of 'slightly' less expensive than Futaba then that is hands down Hitec.

In many ways I consider Hitec the best even though it is only considered mid range. The Tactic system is inexpensive and excellent, I have no idea of how customer service in your country is for them though.

Customer service is why I would never buy anything out of Hong Kong direct with many of the no name brands floating around. Its simple the business plan of those operaters is to sell you the product kick you out the door and lock that door behind you.

At our flying site which has been around since the eighties in only the last five years it has experienced substancial growth due to many new proactive ideas at least doubling in size with great improvements in infrastructure. Anyway the the most used radio system here is Futaba with Hitec closely sniffing at their heals. Spectrum is a distant third and fading with J'R as well as Airtronics not very visable anymore. Tactic as strictly an intro level system and I am talking only about their best one I think its called a 650 is coming on strong.

Funny thing about the Tactic system is its honestly just entry level stuff yet they all come with a Cordless Buddy Cord system! Fancy that talking about advanced That feature is often taken for granted and sometimes shunned in forums like this even by experienced mentor/instuctors but they are simply missing the boat as the cordless systems are the best thing that has happened to flight training and shareing the fun since the buddy (hard) cord system itself.

All of the above only just my opinion, Enjoy

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 01-13-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll second the good words for Tactic, IMHO the best buy for the money right now with more than adequate quality. I also find that most Frsky products are a very good buy, well designed and reliable.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Airtronics is probably the best value of the major brands - I guess this is my opinion but I am still blown away at how much radio I got for the amount of money I paid (and it has been incredibly reliable and incredibly easy to use).

I will add another plug for Tactic - it's basically Futaba.

Note that Airtronics is basically Sanwa in some other countries, as Futaba is Robbe. You might be able to find them on your side of the pond for a good deal.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM
The trainer

Thanks for the usefull tips everybody, I Will check them out
Old 02-08-2014, 03:34 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FRSKY Taranis. See Aloft Hobbies or HK