Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Exterior WEB CAM via Cellular Network for Flying field

Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Exterior WEB CAM via Cellular Network for Flying field

Old 02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
tyrolean_marcus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Question Exterior WEB CAM via Cellular Network for Flying field

At the club meeting during the first week of February the membership has decided to pursue the possibility of installing a "Stand Alone" web camera that transmits still images through a cellular data network accessible by the membership. The intent is to supply power via a bank of golf cart batteries, solar panels, a charge controller, and inverter.

The cost of bringing power to our flying field via a conventional Hydro Line (power pole) is cost prohibitive. Hence, the power supply must be "Stand Alone".

I drew the short straw and have been tasked with investigating this. I have some practical experience with solar and lead acid power supplies.... However, I know virtually nothing about Web Cams and Cellular Data streams.

My first thought was to solicit experts that have some knowledge in the field of Exterior rated web cameras and how to interface them with the Cellular network. Does anybody else have a web cam view of their flying field?

Please "chime in" if you have information about Exterior Web Cameras and how to transmit still web camera pictures via the cellular network.

Cheers,

Marcus