Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Spektrum AR6210 receiver battery replacement?

Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spektrum AR6210 receiver battery replacement?

Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Big John RC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spektrum AR6210 receiver battery replacement?

Well today was not so good... I brought my H9 p51 mustang out to fly, as i took off i noticed my plane started acting weird. Flaps started acting up on there own along with the flaps and throttle . I immediately banked around to bring it back in for a emergency landing and all the the sudden i lost all control of the plane and it went into a dive and into the lake it dove at a very high speed. Even know it hit the water it broke into several pieces and there is nothing left to really save of the plane except for the engine (if i can get the water out of it and get it running again) servos and receiver (if the water didnt fry them). My battery pack was knocked out upon impact and apparently sunk to the bottom of the lake. I cant remember what kind it had in it. What kind of battery do i need thats reasonably priced or even cheap, but obviously dependable, that will work with this receiver. If It still works i plan on putting it in a .40 - .60 super cub or j3 cub converted to super cub. I loved my P51 (RIP) but i think i actually enjoy the low and slow flying more, as i fly on my property which is a 86 acre dirt pit with two lakes on it and lots of places to do STOL type flying with small make shift landing strips all over it to try to land on.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (107)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can use a 4.8 volt or a 6 volt receiver battery. I would for sure send it the radio for repairs, first to see what went wrong with it before the lake and second to make sure the water did not damage anything. It sounds like you might have a vibration problem with the radio. As for you engine, remove the glow plug and back plate from the engine, drain out or blow out as much water as possible and fill it up with a good oil. Make sure you turn it over many times and if possible mount it on a test stand and fire it up. Good Luck, Dave