Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ar8000 Spektrum Receiver Issue

Old 02-28-2014, 01:18 PM
mike_r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ar8000 Spektrum Receiver Issue

I bought used a Spektrum ar8000 months ago online. Finally got my Yak 54 50cc build enough to start testing the servos. After binding with my Dx7s radio, there occasionally is a red light that flashes inside the receiver itself. Also the servos stop working. Then, sometimes some servos work and others don't. Could I have purchased a bad receiver?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:36 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

could be a bad receiver, but I THINK it could be that you've got the tx too close to the receiver...

"Red LED Hold Indicator
The AR8000 features a red LED that indicates the number of holds that have occurred since
the receiver was last powered on. The LED will flash the number of holds then pause (e.g.,
flash, flash, flash, pause, flash, flash, flash, pause indicates three holds occurred since the
receiver was last turned on). Note that holds are reset to zero when the receiver is turned off.
During the first flights of a new airplane, itís recommended to check the red LED hold indicator.
If itís flashing, itís important to optimize the installation (move or reposition antennas) until no
hold occurs. On later flights, the LED Hold Indicator can be used to confirm RF link performance."

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...000-Manual.pdf

I'd post this question in the spektrum forum, Andy Kunz should be able to help...
(I'm a JR /Spektrum user... I would NOT think about flying the airplane until that issue is completely resolved )

Specktum forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-r...um-radios-116/

Last edited by AMA 74894; 02-28-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 PM
mike_r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the help! I think it is a continual flashing red light... Will stand farther away from the receiver.

Also will post in Spektrum.