Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

foolish or loyal

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

foolish or loyal

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:20 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Not here. the wind can change 4 times a day, guys are used to flying both ways. But when I flew at Sepulveda Basin, If the wing was out of the north,, 80% of guys didn't fly
Old 05-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iflircaircraft
Our club had to procure a new flying field.
It will cost the club approx $6000 to get the new field suitable for use.
Each current member's dues will increase from the current $90 per year to $150 or more up to possibly $250 (for two years).If we keep our present 20+ members it will be approx $150 per member. If half of the members drop out it will be approx $250 per member.
There is an established club about the same distance from my home which has an open membership of approx 150 to 200 members with yearly dues of $50.
Is it foolish of me to stay with my current club?
Its not all about the money.

Tom
Wow...6 grand? What are they doing gold plating it?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Depending on how the field/club is set up 6K is a drop in the bucket. Most of the clubs I have belonged to have asphalt runways and 6K doesn't cover much of that. Not to mention the pit area and the peanut gallery with the shade and a small club house.
Wind direction?? If you can't land in the opposite direction then stand on the other side of the runway. A lot of fields have painted flight boxes on both sides of the runway. Either that or take the 5 minutes to shoot some approaches and learn to land from the other direction. I still get a kick out of the look on peoples faces when you mention the boxes on the other side, priceless!!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

A lot of fields have painted flight boxes on both sides of the runway.
Who uses those?

Not the guys who face the carpark when flying & look over their shoulder to fly?

John.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flight stations on both sides of the runway, are they surplus phone booths?
Its been my experience that anything on the far side of the runway is a target, windsocks, traffic cones, runway lights, people retrieving airplanes.........
The first time I had to do a "reverse" landing was due to a dead stick, only after I landed did I realize what I just did.
The trick is not to think about it, it happens automatically.