Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Identify this Edge 540 park flyer?

Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 AM
jester_s1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Identify this Edge 540 park flyer?

I picked this up at the swap meet a few weeks ago and thought it was made by E-flite since it has all E-flite electronics in it. But there is nothing on their website to indicate they've ever made this. I looked at Fliton and a few others with no luck. Do any of your recognize it? The wingspan is 38 1/4 inches and it is powered by a park 480 motor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-08 13.56.08.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	981.2 KB
ID:	1985483  
Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm thinking it's a scratch built. It's wearing a color scheme that was designed by Jason Shulman for Carf who owns the rights to that scheme. The 3M Extra in my avatar is one of these airplanes.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:33 AM
jester_s1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I doubt it's scratch built. nearly everything in the fuselage is laser cut plywood. I realize it could be a recover job, but it doesn't look like it. I don't see any evidence of old adhesive left on the wood or old crash damage that would have necessitated a recover. It has an ARF look and feel to it if that makes any sense. That said, maybe somebody knows of a kit that would match the description of this plane?

If it helps at all, the structure is built really light, too light in some places. The LG block was broken when I got it, and I've already snapped the motor box on a not terribly hard landing. That made me think Fliton at first since they are known for poor durability in some of their planes. But they don't seem to have ever made an Edge this size.

Last edited by jester_s1; 04-10-2014 at 05:37 AM.