Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DX6i transmitter and receiver question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX6i transmitter and receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:41 AM
ITS25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6i transmitter and receiver question

So I have the DX6i and I am looking at a 4 channel aircraft, now do I have to buy the 6 channel receiver? Or can I use the AR400 receiver? I really don't want to fork out a high cost in a receiver if the aircraft isn't going to use all the channels.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:57 AM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by ITS25
So I have the DX6i and I am looking at a 4 channel aircraft, now do I have to buy the 6 channel receiver? Or can I use the AR400 receiver? I really don't want to fork out a high cost in a receiver if the aircraft isn't going to use all the channels.
I am using three of the 4 channels and they work just fine.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:44 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly, the transmitter is capable of transmitting UP TO 6 channels.
you can use a four channel receiver for your 4 channel airplane.

IF you're flying a smallish airplane you can also use Orange or LemonRX receivers...
they (SIX channels) go for around ten bucks.
http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...tegory&path=59
Old 05-16-2014, 08:58 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

A receiver can go into many different planes.

Do you want to end up with a receiver that is only useable in a 4-channel plane? Or one that might be able to go into something more sophisticated/advanced at some point in the future?

Do you have any plans of getting a new transmitter in the future?... again just a thought.. spending a few more bucks today might save a few in the future.. A 4-ch. receiver limits any future projects.

Multi-channel receivers have several options. They allow for dual aileron servo mixing... which would include flaps, ailevators, elevons, spoilers, elev/flap mixing, and maybe a few more I'm forgetting.. Not all of the functions can be used at the same time on a DX6i... but every one of these can be used on any given model one function(maybe 2..) at a time... Its the receiver that would make that possible.

I don't think I'd even look at a 4ch.Rx with all the options that are available with a 6+ch Rx... and the mixing options are very important with giant-scale.. I have a 4-ch. aerobat.. using 9channel receiver... everything runs direct and mixes in the transmitter.. thats another story...

I don't know what the cost factor is going from 4ch rx to a 6ch.. but I do believe the value is priceless in this hobby. In any case, I'm sure you'll do fine and get just what you need... This is just my 2cents... I wish you well.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by macdona
I am using three of the 4 channels and they work just fine.
+1 I have many Orange Rx from HK and they all work perfect
Old 05-19-2014, 06:35 AM
jetmech05

I believe in getting the biggest you can afford that'll work for you . You can always put a 4 channel receiver in later, if you need the 6 channel in a different airplane