Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

magnum starter repair

Old 05-22-2014, 04:36 PM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default magnum starter repair

Hello need an electrical wiring diagram for magnum tourque starter. got one for free at swap but in pieces. thanks for any help. andrew wisc.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Never seen a diagram of one but there aren't a lot of parts in them. I have replaced the brushes on them several times, you can get the brushes at most hardware stores. The magnets in them makes the reassembly the only hard part, Just getting everything lined up when assembling. For the price of a new starter and the amount of time they last I gave up repairing them. Still a nice thing to know and do a couple of times. I have found some very good starters at swap meets that just needed new brushes.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:20 AM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks Gray Beard, this starter seems to be fairly new and at odds why its in pieces except that one wire appeared to be broken. anyways i will wire per simple ircut with switch in it and try. should be agood backup starter to my sullivan if i can get working. thanks again. Andrew Wisc.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My very first starter was gotten when I bought a flight box and it had a broken wire inside on the motor. I took it apart and did the repair, soon after that the brushes went bad so I repaired it again. I finally bought a new one and used the old one as a back up too. I always keep my eyes opened for a good geared starter at the swap meets. Probably the best person to talk to when having a problem with fixing a used starter is John Buckner. I think John has a starter for every engine he owns and buys them used at swap meets. I have repaired a couple but he knows them inside and out. I was surprised he didn't post in your question. John would be my go to guy if I was having a problem.