Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Vynl Lettering / Graphics

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Vynl Lettering / Graphics

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Edge 540
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vynl Lettering / Graphics

Has anyone used the windex method for attaching vynl letters or graphics to their aircraft ?? If so what is the steps ? If not, how do you go about it ?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM
jetmech05

I use vynil letters all the time. The wet method isn't required if you go to a sign shop. Your graphic will come on paper back and a tape like front. Place the letters where you want them securing in place with one peice of tape. You flip the whole thing up as the tape acts like a hinge. Peel the paper back off then lay the graphics back down carefully. Smooth them out and remove the paper front.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

The windex method is easy.
1. spray the area where the vinyl goes with windex, getting it as wet as possible.
2. remove the vinyl backing and lay it on the wet surface. If a corner or area sticks, pull it and get some windex under it
3. you should be able to slide the vinyl to exactly where you want it
4. take paper towels and soak up all excess windex
5. take a creit card or piece of wood and squeegie the excess windex from under the vinyl. work from the center out. you will see the windex come out the edges
6. be sure and hold the vinyl in place, sometimes it will move with the squeegie action
7 get as much out as possible, then leave it to dry for a couple of hours
8 when it dries, you can remove the protecive paper. do this carefully. sometimes you have to soak this part as well to loosen the bond
9 don't worry about any small bubbles, the vinyl is porous and they will diasppear in a few days
10 after it sets for a few days I like to go over the vinyl, rubbing it down , especially the edges to make sure it has a bond

Last edited by Steve Percifield; 05-27-2014 at 03:27 PM.