Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

O.S. .61 max fx carb question

Old 05-26-2014, 05:31 AM
tlojak38
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default O.S. .61 max fx carb question

Hello all. my question is this.....i have this engine, and i want to put it in my spitfire. it will be inverted, so i want to get a wrap around pitts muffler. my problem is that this engine has a remote needle, and the carb doesnt have a bolt in it to remove to put the needle valve in as does all my other engines. what would be a good replacement carb for this engine that would have the needle valve in the carb so i can put this type muffler on the engine? thanks for the help.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:47 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rotate the needle assembly ninety degrees by changing which of the four back plate bolts you place the neele assembly plate on. Or you could simply remove the back plate needly assembly holder and screw it to the firewall wherever necessary. trying to screw around with different carbs is likely to only cause you much more heart burn than you are already feeling. Actually there are many more options with a remote assembly than carb mounted neeele assembly.

John
Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 AM
tlojak38

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner View Post
Rotate the needle assembly ninety degrees by changing which of the four back plate bolts you place the neele assembly plate on. Or you could simply remove the back plate needly assembly holder and screw it to the firewall wherever necessary. trying to screw around with different carbs is likely to only cause you much more heart burn than you are already feeling. Actually there are many more options with a remote assembly than carb mounted neeele assembly.

John
would love to do that, but the mounting bracket is a molded part of the back plate. however, it does have the bolt that i can put the needle valve vertical, but that wont help
Old 05-26-2014, 10:14 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Look into the rear back plate and if that engine does not have machined/moulded flat on the the portion that protrudes into the crankcase (can,t remember off hand) then just rotate the entire back plate to four cardinal positions.

Or remove the assembly from the back plate bracket altogether and screw it to the firewall. Failing that just buy an after market remote needle assembly and screw that to a firewall and leave the orginal needle well open. There are options beyond messing around with other carbs that are bound to come with plenty of problems.

John
Old 05-26-2014, 06:30 PM
tlojak38

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Think I figured it out. Top flite makes an in the cowl muffler and header setup that looks like it'll work perfectly. Think I'm going to give it a try.