Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Magnum .91 four stroke

Old 05-26-2014, 07:26 AM
rdjohnston

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Magnum .91 four stroke

my magnum 4 stroke is leaking fuel from around the carb somewhere; I can't get it to idle slowly either. So its got to be either the intake gasket or one of the o rings on the carb leaking. I have to go direct to global hobbies to get parts and can't descide if I should just order a whole new carb or all the parts including a new needle valve. There's about a $15 difference if I order the whole assembly. Anyone had this issue themselves, and what did you do? Anyone know of a hobby store in the Midwest that still sells parts for Magnum?

Thanks

Rich Johnston
Old 05-26-2014, 04:25 PM
biam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

went through the same thing with mine. Turned out to be the intake gasket. The engine backfired one time and would not idle after that no matter how it was adjusted. An old gentleman at the field diagnosed the blown intake gasket and he was spot on. I went to the auto parts store and got a tube of permatex ultimate black gasket maker. Fixed it right up. Been flying that engine for two seasons now with no issues. Hope this helps you.