Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ASP 160 Twin

Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Sarge Johnson
My Feedback: (77)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ASP 160 Twin

I read last year about a problem that I'm now having with regards to my ASP 160 twin. The article explained the fix for their 160 twin running away from it's fuel, as I am now having. Can open needle valve many turns and not helping. The article that I can't find told of a reader even going to an OS needle valve. Can it be the O ring on the needle valve ? It's mounted in a Hanger 9 quarter scale. Thanks in advance, Sarge [email protected]
Old 06-03-2014, 04:03 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put a needle and seat from an OS 1.60 twin in mine. It seems to have solved the problem.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anybody tell me how to shut my ASP 160 down ? it wants to keep running . I have it set up with a glow driver that comes on at low throttle so you can really idol it down . It just doesn't want to quit . I don't know how to shut the igniter off other than with a switch . If I blip the throttle I can get it to quit sometimes but that doesn't feel very safe .. Maybe I just need to make sure the throttle is fully closed .
Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I may have found the answer to my own question . I found a tiny screw hidden between the carb body and the engine block . It is a idol stop adjustment . I was able to access it with a pair of needle nose pliers and back it out a 1/2 turn . I think that will do it ..