Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Selling R/C Aircraft Challenges

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Selling R/C Aircraft Challenges

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:59 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling R/C Aircraft Challenges

Well, I'm old school. I build. I buy ARF's, too but always strip 'em reinforce 'em and fly 'em for years.

Here's my challenge(s). I have to move. I've found homes for my pets, am selling my reef aquariums, furniture, etc. However...

Know how hard it it to sell RC equipment at a yard sale? Folks are expecting baby clothes, not kits, ARFS, engines and radios, LOL.

I live in WV and I can count fellow flyers on one hand, (in my neck of the state, anyway).

I once drove to Indiana to swap a TF, SR-9 for a P-47 but folks today are worried about GAS expense, lol.

I want to list my engines, planes, radios and kits but cannot fathom how to get around the HUGE cost of shipping large boxes. I don't even have a FedEx pickup counter within 65 miles, (altho there is a MailBox retailer).

I planned on the swap meet at Lebanon, PA this past March but had to work and missed that opportunity. Bealton, VA in Sept, (or is it Oct?) isn't a true swap meet but I've bought stuff there. So...

I want to sell about 90% of my entire collection, (I'm keeping 1 radio and one airframe for Sundays) but can't wrap my head around shipping. Is it "normal" for folks to "meet-in-the-middle" or drive insane distances, (like I have, lol) anymore?

I've lived in Metro areas where clubs had 50+ members, several hobby shops and ample opportunity for local transactions. But here in Mineral CO? The pickin's are thin, LOL

Just sayin'
Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

PM sent
Old 07-11-2014, 08:09 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Are there any clubs around your area? That would be your best bet. Of course, if you price everything well enough, there are any number of RC pilots who would drive 200 miles to come get the entire collection.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:46 PM
alltumbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also sent you a pm .