Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Seagull models

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Mike Gretz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by av8djc
Ohh Mike that thing is really sweet. Remember my commitment.
Dave
Gotcha down for a Bevo Howard Jungmeister Dave. The container with the first order of them left the Seagull factory on Feb. 12th (yesterday). If all goes perfect (which it seldom does ), they should be in at SIG around April 1st.

Along with a special one-time order of half dozen of the Swiss yellow version, that some of the other fellas on this forum asked for. I believe there are only two of those not already spoken for. If anyone else wants a Swiss yellow Jungmeister, they need to call the SIG order desk soon - 641-623-5141.

Mike Gretz
SIG Mfg Co.
Exclusive Distributor of Seagull Models in the United States and Canada

Last edited by Mike Gretz; 02-13-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:08 AM
Free Bird

I picked up my Alex Papana version on Saturday. Haven't had a chance to really check it out, but it sure looks nice! Haven't decided on a powerplant for is yet. I've got a few other things on the bench that need to be completed first. If I really like the way this puppy flies, I'll be ordering the Bevo version as both versions are really sharp!

Mike and Martair - thanks for the info in this thread! And Mike, if you could post some numbers and flight performance of your electric version I'd be most appreciative!

FB

Last edited by Free Bird; 03-16-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Free Bird

Martair,

How did you cut the hatch on the bottom of the cowl? You did a very neat clean job of it! Thx!

FB
Old 03-31-2015, 10:59 AM
severke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,
does this model have the same dihedral as the full size Jungmeister?(=1,5° on the upper wing and 3,5° on the lower wing)
On the pictures it looks like it 's 0° on both of the wings.

Friendly regards,
a curious Wim.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:40 AM
av8djc
My Feedback: (4)

Mike,
Flown yours yet?
Dave
Old 09-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Paul-VH

Hi Mike - is the wing easily removable so the model can be transported?

Regards,

Paul

Originally Posted by Mike Gretz
Hello fellow Jungmeister fans! Here's the scoop on what's available from Seagull and SIG.

Seagull originally came out with the Alex Papana version of the Bucker Jungmeister. That's the one with the checkers on the top. As of now SIG's first delivery of this version came in last week and are already sold out. We have a handful more coming in, expected here around Jan. 1st. They are over half pre-sold already. So if you want a Jungmeister with this color scheme you should order soon. You can order direct from SIG via phone or web site www.sigmfg.com; or from our online dealer SIGPlanes.com
The order number for the Alex Papana Jungmeister is SEA-212.

Seagull evidently got requests from its European customers for a more common yellow color scheme ... Swiss military trainer scheme, I believe ... common on most of the full-scale Jungmeisters currently flying in Europe. Due to two requests SIG will order a few of this color scheme in our next order from Seagull - tentatively scheduled to arrive here about April 1st (the lead time is that long!). If you are interest in a yellow Jungmeister, please let me know via email here at SIG ( [email protected] ), so I can be sure to order enough of them. I don't expect that we will keep the yellow airplane in stock over the long haul.
The order number for the Alex Papana Jungmeister is SEA-212Y

Like you, I personally love the Jungmeister and want to fly one myself. However I did not want the Papana or the yellow color scheme, so I asked Seagull about producing the Bevo Howard color scheme for the U.S. market, and they agreed it is a good idea. That is the red and white sunburst scheme. Flown by the legendary U.S. pilot Bevo Howard. His full-scale Jungmeister now hangs in the Smithsonian Uvar-Hazy Museum. This color scheme is brand new. Seagull has produced one sample, which is on its way to me now. Once I get it put together, I will post photos here. This airplane will also be available about April 1st. SIG will begin taking pre-orders soon. Don't worry about us running out of this one. I plan on it being our mainstay Seagull Jungmeister.
The order number for the Bevo Howard Jungmeister is SEA212US

Thanks for your interest in the Seagull Bucker Jungmeister.

Mike

Mike Gretz
SIG Mfg Co
Old 09-21-2015, 06:44 AM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

This isn't Mike, But yes, The wings easily come off and even come with a wood form to attach to the wings just before or after attaching them to/ taking them off the plan, which makes the install/ take off a breeze.
I really Like the plane. There's only 2 things I'd change on this plane.
Wings struts don't look scale (no big deal- They're just a lil' chuncky). I wish the landing gear had bungees to absorb some landings (no big deal either)-BTW the L.Gear look awesome.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:06 AM
Ericr7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul-VH
Hi Mike - is the wing easily removable so the model can be transported?

Regards,

Paul

Hi, do you have any update on availability of the three versions? I've been trying to get in on ordering but they keep showing out of stock.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 02-10-2016, 07:37 AM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What is the inside diameter of the cowling?
Old 10-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Pilot_Tony
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anyone still following this thread? I'd like to put a Saito FG33 on it. Will it work?

thanks,
Tony
Old 04-18-2022, 08:47 AM
Navy_Flyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maidened my Seagull Jungmeister yesterday. I was a beautiful day with only about 5mph winds at a very slight crosswind. My plane has a Saito 125 with a 16-6 APC which gets me around 8900 rpm at a slightly rich setting as it is just back from the factory with new bearings and freshened up. Plenty of power. Anyway - taxied around to get the feel and she taxis very nice, and pleasant. OK - no more time to wait, liner her up and gave her the onions and she tracked straight until the tail came up. FULL right rudder and she still swung left, but got her off ok. Climbout was not dramatic - until I tried to turn. BAD adverse yaw. Tail dropped inside of the turn and she just mushed. Fed in some rudder and the nose immediately dropped and this was true the entire flight. I fought her hard - turn using coordinated rudder but needed lots of up elevator to keep the nose tracking without dropping. All the controls were set up per instructions. She still feels tail heavy - and I have a 1lb ingot of lead in the nose ! The CG at 180mm is too far aft in my opinion - and I will be adding another few ounces until I get it around 160mm and try it there. I hate adding ballast - but necessary! I will also be adding in the differential on ailerons - the adverse yaw is horrendous. I 'thought' I was ready for the maiden after reading numerous 'experienced' flyers for this plane, most all of them said 180mm worked OK. Not feeling it - I will move it forward, increase the control throws a bit for safety and add in the differential. Oh - maybe someone can chime in here on this bit - after completing a turn and getting wings level, nose wants to climb. Push the nose back down, OK for a moment, then nose wants to drop. ????? She fought me the whole flight. Still maybe a CG issue?? The landing was OK - got her lined up and slowly brought the throttle back, and she settled in nicely, albeit a little hot - expected on first flight. But all the same, she goes home in the same condition as she got to field - always a good thing. CG - 180mm seems too far aft, and my flight seems to prove that? Differential - required to manage adverse yaw? Those are the two things I THINK are the problem here. My blood pressure is finally back where it needs to be after it landed.